Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lurkerloos and map discussion

Commodore's start may be one ofo the ones you were talking about that was light on food

(October 27th, 2012, 10:27)regoarrarr Wrote: Commodore's start may be one ofo the ones you were talking about that was light on food

Hmm...wet rice apparently isn't 5 food? Does grass pigs qualify?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Mardoc, just...no. That is not how you balance a start. You do not just add in extra food resources even if it has 4 tiles that just barely fail to qualify.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Would it be possible to see some screenshots of the proposed maps?
Fie, fie! you visionary things.

(October 27th, 2012, 15:52)Tredje Wrote: Would it be possible to see some screenshots of the proposed maps?

OK, time to be a bastard...not before the map is finalised and the game has started; starting screenshots will be posted in all of the threads and here. Beyond that, it's a toss up between posting the final WBS here, or leaving the lurkers blind like the players, as was done in PB5.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

What was the actual problem with the balancing?
I agree that the map didn’t look particularly fun but would like to know what the controversy was…
Did Scooter get it right (as in: instead of turning rice to corn, add corn)?
Also, can we see it (as in download) rather then get revealed?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(October 27th, 2012, 21:22)Qgqqqqq Wrote: What was the actual problem with the balancing?
I agree that the map didn’t look particularly fun but would like to know what the controversy was…
Did Scooter get it right (as in: instead of turning rice to corn, add corn)?
Also, can we see it (as in download) rather then get revealed?

I think, fundamentally, the issue is that I did what the players said, and Krill did what they meant. I took them too literally when they said random map plus minimal edits. Given how they reacted to his comments, I think he hit their goal closer than I did.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(October 29th, 2012, 23:32)Commodore Wrote: I just want to get in-game. It's annoying being unable to plan anything, but right now we're coding:
IF sheep THEN rejoice
ELSE
IF corn THEN tech Agriculture, rejoice
ELSE
IF deer THEN tech AH, AND grumble IF horses=!present

IF fish THEN tech BW and Fishing
ELSE grumble.

Looks like some rejoicing for Commodore - the 2 "clear" tiles are a plains marble and wet corn, AND he has another crab in the fog.

So I'm not sure how it's showing up that India has "met" Qin Shi Huang of Dutch (Lewwyn). As far as I can tell they're nowhere near each other?

I don't know but I've rechecked the WBS, edited it and just resent it to sunrise.