For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lurkerloos and map discussion

Krill.

You've got the map right rego?
If your willing you could publish it.
(Krill hasn't said either way, we're just assuming he doesn't want it posted.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Well since I feel like Krill "owns" the map I don't know that I feel great about posting it without his consent. Even though I did and do disagree with the idea that not knowing the map makes the game more "fun" for the lurkers. Still, if he's not really following this game (though maybe he is silently lurking) and consensus is for reveal, I could probably be talked into it.

In the meantime, here's a little teaser. As you've no doubt seen, the landforms are pretty snaky, but there are 3 distinct landmasses.

The "big" continent has 7 civs

The "smaller" continent has 2 civs

And one, lonely civ is all alone on an island.

I'm lurking, I'm just burnt out on CIV after PB5.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(November 26th, 2012, 08:55)regoarrarr Wrote: Well since I feel like Krill "owns" the map I don't know that I feel great about posting it without his consent. Even though I did and do disagree with the idea that not knowing the map makes the game more "fun" for the lurkers. Still, if he's not really following this game (though maybe he is silently lurking) and consensus is for reveal, I could probably be talked into it.

(November 26th, 2012, 12:36)Krill Wrote: I'm lurking, I'm just burnt out on CIV after PB5.

While not really consent, that doesn't sound like an objection to me.

fwiw, I would love to see the map. Just the teaser puts a lot into perspective.

Why the fuss over seeing the map?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

New lurker here! Hopefully, I'm not overstepping by offering my 2 cents.

Personally, I like not seeing the map. The anticipation of conflit between Commodore & Scooter is made more interesting by NOT knowing if Commodore has Iron. I suppose that I could just not look, but the comment boards will give it away.

I don't think that Scooter has seen the Copper south of them. While Commodore hasn't seen the copper north of Scooter. Commodore's thinking that there's a low chance that he could beat Scooter there so he may not try.

Intereting times!

Another vote for not seeing the map. It's been common practice to reveal it, but I think it may actually add something to the lurking experience to have limited knowledge, like the players do.

Another option might be to post an overview screenshot, so you can better see who is next to whom, but not down to the level of seeing everyone's starting areas in detail (which minus non-revealed resources we've already kind of seen)

My guess: Scooter and Commodore on the small continent, CFCNakan alone on an island.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.