Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lurkerloos and map discussion

(December 2nd, 2012, 01:28)thestick Wrote: My guess: Scooter and Commodore on the small continent, CFCNakan alone on an island.

Yeah, hard to disagree with that.

We have a race for the Great Lighthouse. The Jester and Nakor are looking to land it on T57 while Azza using his production to build it. He hasn't mentioned whether he plans to chop or whip or straight produce it. popcorn.

If he pulls that off, that could fund a bit of Prat expansion. How dangerous do you think Azza would be? Krill stomped him pretty effortlessly in PB5 but he had some good company in that respect. smile Looks like he might have learned some tricks along the way.

(December 4th, 2012, 18:20)MindyMcCready Wrote: If he pulls that off, that could fund a bit of Prat expansion. How dangerous do you think Azza would be? Krill stomped him pretty effortlessly in PB5 but he had some good company in that respect. smile Looks like he might have learned some tricks along the way.

Dunno, he's up against super-aggressive Lewwyn for one, meaning that even with perfect work he may still find that "time is the fire in which all men burn" (to quote a horrible movie). And then again, if he loses it?
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(December 4th, 2012, 18:20)MindyMcCready Wrote:
(December 2nd, 2012, 01:28)thestick Wrote: My guess: Scooter and Commodore on the small continent, CFCNakan alone on an island.

Yeah, hard to disagree with that.

We have a race for the Great Lighthouse. The Jester and Nakor are looking to land it on T57 while Azza using his production to build it. He hasn't mentioned whether he plans to chop or whip or straight produce it. popcorn.

If he pulls that off, that could fund a bit of Prat expansion. How dangerous do you think Azza would be? Krill stomped him pretty effortlessly in PB5 but he had some good company in that respect. smile Looks like he might have learned some tricks along the way.

I disagree with effortlessly.
Personally I think Krill just out-expanded him, and then managed to take and hold Opputunism, which he used as a front to block off any decent expansion by Azza. The second war allowed him to bottle him upo completely, until such time as he could, as you say, stomp him effortlessly.
Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but the current wording seems to be overly disparaging to Azza as a player.smile
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

FWIW in PB5 Azza didn't actually misplay anything after about T75, I think he messed up the start but you can see from his demographics he hasn't screwed it up here. That isn't to say he couldn't have played it better, he hasn't posted enough to fully critique his opening.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

One and only one of these hypotheses is correct

[/quote]

One and only one of these hypotheses is correct
[/quote]

Really? Ok so CFCNakor is on the island,....which means that Scooter is connected to the continent to the north? If that's the case, it won't really change anything because Commodore will still be gunning for Scooter (as if he needs any excuse).
OR
CFCNakor are NOT on an island (Cheerful Cat then?). If that's the case they may regret their "we'll get there when we get there" expansion mindset.

As for disparaging Azza - I meant nothing of the kind. As I said he was in good company in getting beaten up by Krill, no honour lost there. Other very good players would have joined that company had the game continued. But at the same time Krill really didn't seem like he was sweating it out. Had he sacrified Opportunism, it sure looked like he could have ravaged Azza's core during the second strike.

PS: Krill, thanks so much for all your reporting in PB5. It sure looked like a massive project, but it provided me with more, and better, reading than most novels.

Nakor is alone on the island, I think that's evident from his pictures. The two people on the island would be Plako and Merovech.
Which leaves everyone else together on one huge continent with tiny bridges between the fatter snakes.

I am pro posting the map. For people that don't want to see it it, there is a simple solution. I will let you figure it out.

T-10 turns until Commodore pink dots Scooter. Any predictions about Scooter's response? I see a 'told you so' moment coming from NobleHelium. I see Scooter being (overly) careful to not be swayed by Noble into an avoidable confrontation with Commodore.

Reminds me of Stalin's blind eye when it came to Hitler. smile

Ummm ...okay.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Azza pozition looks very strong, i know i would enjoyed playing such a start in one of my pitboses.