Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lurkerloos and map discussion

Nah, PRO archers will destroy none aggressive impi.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Not if they pillage off roads and forest choke. They can pretty much shut down any tile improvements.

It forces much more military commitment from Commodore than Scooter. Still wanna see how this plays out smile

Both Thoth and Commodore are good at troop movement, and impis can be 2v1'd easily with archers and chariots if the chariot is the clean up unit. Plus with the city where it is, the only way the thread units into the core lands is south of the third city, or through the northern land bridge. A sentry deals with the first one (archer on forest hill will not get removed) and the latter is going to be dealt with by the two workers at the city chopping the forests, and the retreating chariot and warrior that can't be stopped by the Zulus.

This is basically a stalemate until WE come on the scene, the main question is whether the Zulu discover the ivory.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

I must admit that I'm a little disappointed with Commodore's play. Had he pink dotted with a protective archer it could have gone his way. We really got the predictable outcome of pink dotting Zulu with a Chariot and warrior.

Also, if he hadn't skimmed Scooter's borders with that Chariot and Warrior he also might have gotten away with it. Scooter was already suspicious and then caught him red handed. So now Commodore's in survival defensive mode rather than hold-a-strong position defensive mode.

Actually I just reread Commodore's post: "And even if its a warrior, it gets 20% culture defense now.". Ok. So he was planning a simultaneous pink-dot with warrior only and wanted to attack Zulu McDonalds with a warrior and chariot. He wasn't skimming his borders, he was attacking. Ouch. He would have needed a near miracle for it to go his way. Or at least a name that was something other than 'Commodore'.

So question for the veterans: what's Scooter's best response now given his information? Choke him to death and out expand him? Just out expand him? Scooter seems too conservative to make a run at the backlines which lowers the chance that he sees the ivory. Could be a fatal mistake.

Update: Pindicator just concluded that the pink-doting Commodore has no copper,...and they're Zulu,...and so far it doesn't sound like they want to pillage or attack. I'm concluding that this is a mistake given the nature of their opponent.

They're on the verge of passing up 72% odds of zero losses for a Chariot and warrior. Commodore's too aggressive for his own good and Scooter's team may very well be too conservative for their own good (man, I'm really holding back an exclamation mark here).

(December 27th, 2012, 15:20)MindyMcCready Wrote: (man, I'm really holding back an exclamation mark here).

lol
I have to run.

(December 27th, 2012, 15:32)Qgqqqqq Wrote: No...
Edit: Hmm... You somehow have TR with Azza, how does that work?

Maybe Q is dedlurking Commodore? At any rate, if anybody's curious, the answer to the above is that Azza traded maps with Scooter, gaining a visible coastal route to Commodore's cities, which gives the two of them a trade connection even though they haven't met. Of course, the trade connection can't be used for anything without the two of them meeting first.
I have to run.

(December 27th, 2012, 15:40)novice Wrote:
(December 27th, 2012, 15:32)Qgqqqqq Wrote: No...
Edit: Hmm... You somehow have TR with Azza, how does that work?

Maybe Q is dedlurking Commodore? At any rate, if anybody's curious, the answer to the above is that Azza traded maps with Scooter, gaining a visible coastal route to Commodore's cities, which gives the two of them a trade connection even though they haven't met. Of course, the trade connection can't be used for anything without the two of them meeting first.

Heh. I was just coming in here to make the same comment, so as to hopefully avoid putting any spoilers into Comm's thread lol

(December 27th, 2012, 21:51)Bigger Wrote: im really confused by azza atm. he plants his new city near us with only a warrior garrson:
[Image: hejQu.jpg]
as you could see, we could easily raze this city now. the chariot still has a movement left, can move SE and raze the city with 95%+ odds next turn.

to the west:
[Image: esX8Y.jpg]
azza, azza is moving another settler (I presume to the stone site) with only a warrior garrison.

so it seems like he's pretty confident we won't attack him.

here's the power graph:
[Image: Ji6zG.jpg]
azza spiked a bit again last turn (or 2 turns ago, I guess, since the graphs are on a delay). if he's building a military, why can't he put anything except warriors in his frontline cities? is he trying to bait us into attack him? is it possible azza doesnt have iron or copper yet? on that note, how about writing after archery? open borders come with alpha bet now, but map trading comes with writing - trading maps with serdoa could prove very useful! (the libraries wouldnt hurt either)

we are 14 EP's from getting research visibility on azza. I think he's splitting 2/2 between us and serdoa - so maybe 7 turns???
if it comes to that, is it worth losing graphs on serdoa? I think so, not really concerned about serdoa atm.

demos:
[Image: KtyhE.jpg]

lewwyn, why not move achilleus south and try to explore west and south of azza? if you want to keep vision of the city and not reveal we have chariots, you can always move the chariot into the Odyssey to garrison it, then we move Hector into position to monitor "bird of Tokyo." we should have excellent vision into the city anyway once borders expand in the Odyssey in 7 turns.

Lewger are going to kick themselves when they find out that's Azza's iron being hooked up right there...
I have to run.

Oh, no kidding.

And that's why you leave tile yields on.