I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

I mean that we should go W, SW for the GFH, of course. I got my east and west confused (Never eat sour wheat, ok).
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Gfh first it is then.

Yup I agree with this idea. Net's down at my place and not sure when it'll be back up. If turn rolls, someone grab it.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

[Image: 3VWSW.jpg]

OINK OINK!

was expecting to see some coast, but no dice. looks like tundra goes pretty far south?

Anyway, we can go SE, S and hit the FH for more vision than the original PH. im hoping the secondary river in our capital goes quite far south since the main river ended abruptly.

one nice thing about the dutch: although we need rivers (they are less valuable to FIn civs, but just as valuable as ever to everyone else), it isn't as important for us to settle on the river. Levees can only be built by cities on the river, Dike's can be built by any city that has a water or river tile anywhere in the BFC smile.

(November 3rd, 2012, 03:29)Bigger Wrote: one nice thing about the dutch: although we need rivers (they are less valuable to FIn civs, but just as valuable as ever to everyone else), it isn't as important for us to settle on the river. Levees can only be built by cities on the river, Dike's can be built by any city that has a water or river tile anywhere in the BFC smile.

I thought the requirement was the city being riverside or coastal?
I have to run.

I thought it'd be useful to work out what we'll see when borders pop (red) and the scout moves to the grass hill (yellow) you've suggested:

I guess we'll vaguely follow the blue lines after that?

that looks good, tenatively, Harry. Border pops in 2 turns.

(November 3rd, 2012, 07:14)novice Wrote:
(November 3rd, 2012, 03:29)Bigger Wrote: one nice thing about the dutch: although we need rivers (they are less valuable to FIn civs, but just as valuable as ever to everyone else), it isn't as important for us to settle on the river. Levees can only be built by cities on the river, Dike's can be built by any city that has a water or river tile anywhere in the BFC smile.

I thought the requirement was the city being riverside or coastal?

well, ok. You're half right. This city (from my SP test game) can build a dike:

[Image: yzNGA.jpg]

which made me think any water would do. Its next to a lake, but has no river or coast tiles in the BFC.

This city, which has a lake and river tiles in its BFC, but none next to the city, cannot:

[Image: G6zXc.jpg]

So, I exaggerated the dike a bit. It still requires a water source next to that city. However that source can be river, sea, or lake. (not oasis, btw, I checked that in worldbuilder).

Still, it doubles as a Levee in riverside cities, a moai statues that can be built in every coastal city (including the actual moai statue city for a double up), and both in coastal cities that have a river, or riverside cities that might have a coast (like our capital, hehe). All for the price of a levee (180), which is actually cheaper than moai smile

Of course they aren't unlocked until Steam Power, which makes them much less useful :/.

Internet is still down here so I still can't play if the turn rolls, though who knows when that'll be based on Mero's connection issues.

I was really hoping we'd see coast. Now it seems that land extends west even further than we thought and who knows how far at that. I still agree with checking south though. I hope we don't miss any huts.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”