I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

Did you actually build the dike for 1hpt (paid off in 181 turns) or was that just to demonstrate?

Did you win?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Did you hear back from Krill? I don't think you're supposed to have that 70 gold - but if that's the case I guess you could just refrain from ever using it.
I have to run.

(November 4th, 2012, 00:07)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Did you actually build the dike for 1hpt (paid off in 181 turns) or was that just to demonstrate?

Did you win?

?? not sure what you're referring to. This is actually the turn I quite playing, though, as pb8 finally started. I was the clear runaway though, monarch AI can't keep up without tech trading on, the techs are just too expensive even with the know tech bonus. I expect humans to be a little more clever though smile.

(November 3rd, 2012, 22:06)Lewwyn Wrote: Internet is still down here so I still can't play if the turn rolls, though who knows when that'll be based on Mero's connection issues.

I was really hoping we'd see coast. Now it seems that land extends west even further than we thought and who knows how far at that. I still agree with checking south though. I hope we don't miss any huts.

whats wrong with your internet that you can access RB and not the game? Anyway, I'll take over the turns until you get things fixed. Just let me know when you're ready to play again. All I'll be doing is moving the scout for a bit anyway.

(November 4th, 2012, 08:53)novice Wrote: Did you hear back from Krill? I don't think you're supposed to have that 70 gold - but if that's the case I guess you could just refrain from ever using it.

um, I just assumed Krill did it on purpose for some unknown reason, since he replied to regoarrarr in our thread after we discovered it. but i'll pm him to make sure.

If not, not sure how to fix it. I don't like the solution of having to keep a 70 gold excess the entire game. we are sure to screw that up at some point accidently.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

[Image: yQ8AH.jpg]

Starting to get a little nervous that we may be on the "small" of big & small. Probably until we start bumping into other people and/or find other happies than fur.

btw, that is coast, not lake, if you weren't sure. Plan is to me SE, SE onto the desert hill unless someone wants to talk me out of it smile.

Only Brick and yuri need to play for the turn to roll, so I may get another turn in today.

Se, se Sounds good to me.

Does the Small have fewer happy than Big?

(November 4th, 2012, 13:49)Old Harry Wrote: Se, se Sounds good to me.

Does the Small have fewer happy than Big?

short answer: yes. From 7 in the pb5 lurker thread:
(May 16th, 2012, 21:58)SevenSpirits Wrote: So you know how the standard map generator is awful at placing resources? I haven't played on huge default-script maps but it seems to have the biggest impact there, and this is why Dooter don't have any luxuries.

You see, luxuries are single-area resources according the xml, which means they are supposed to only exist on one landmass. On gigantic maps, you are supposed to have a fairly large number of say spices in the game, but they all have to fit on one landmass. So basically islands never have luxuries. It's pretty dumb but such is life with default map scripts. If I'd known about this before the game, or checked for a fair luxury distribution, I would have encouraged the players to play with a modified script that ignores the single-area xml flag.

Now this is a large map, not huge, so it is a little different. Most of the large maps I rolled in preparation had one luxury on the "small," not 0, although 0 is still a possibility. The furs don't really tell us anything. Furs usually spawn in clumps like the 3 we have, so they could very well be there naturally on the small or large continent. OTOH, they still could have been added by Krill to satisfy the luxury requirements we asked for - our specifications were rather vague, and he may have deciding adding 3 furs instead of just 1 would be fairer, so we have some to trade down the road.

So the jury's still out at this point, but if we do find a second happy other than furs, i would say its very unlikely we are on the small.

My gut says we would be better off on the big, but I'm not certain of this anyway. Being on the small means wonder-whoring would be easier, especially if we share the continent with a weaker player (or no player at all, but that is less likely with 11 players on a large map). The downside is it will be harder for us to setup foreign trade routes. However, the islands should be connected by galley-routes (I think that was one of our specifications, so krill would have vetoed the map if they weren't), so we won't be forced to pop out caravels to find the Big continent. Also, the Small continent is usually in a better position colonize the island chains, so it will be able to get more intercontinental domestic routes. And if we are on the small island, a sooner than normal compass might be worth considering for circumnavigation, as extra movement east indiamen would be very very nice smile.

conclusion: we need a lot more scouting, hehe. Hopefully we find more than a single hill-side pigs out there in the fog smile.

(November 4th, 2012, 13:49)Old Harry Wrote: Does the Small have fewer happy than Big?

Yes, but:

(October 26th, 2012, 17:57)SevenSpirits Wrote: For luxuries, you should honestly just fix the map generation. Here's a B&S script with a small modification that just turns off the stupid "luxes can only be on a single continent" rule.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1116194/misc%20...r_Luxes.py

(October 26th, 2012, 18:15)Mardoc Wrote: And I'll go ahead and make a map for discussion using Seven's script
I have to run.

nice, but we ended up scrapping Mardoc's map. Do you know if Krill used the same script?

Commodore and Yuri both got 6 point increases - techs from huts?

Did you get demos for t4 - these were taken just after Yuri's increase in t3:

I did not. feel free to do so.

What does the 21 GNP mean? rival best was 19 after the first couple of turns - so is that a creative civ working a lake after border pops? (commodore is cre/pro, plako is cre/ind).