I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

(November 4th, 2012, 08:53)novice Wrote: Did you hear back from Krill? I don't think you're supposed to have that 70 gold - but if that's the case I guess you could just refrain from ever using it.

Krill's response to my pm -
"just roll with it."

hehe smile
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

I think with tech trading coming so much later it'll be useful to know who has teched what, so I've put together a rough spreadsheet here

t5 demos:

I've "borrowed" a tiny bit of KJN's frankly baffling work - I hope he doesn't mind. It's simplified massively so I think I can get my head around it. It narrows down Yuri to Hunting or Sailing, while it doesn't help much with Commodore - could be Fishing, AH, Myst or Masonry. Any ideas how to figure that out?

tech trading is turned off, fyi. But your point is still valid - the "what tech does everyone else have" screen appears at paper, now, instead of alphabet.

Commodore was rather excited about his pop, insisting he keep it after the reload, so AH would be a good guess. That does mean he started with it turn 0, though, which may make C&D more difficult :/.

TBH, I don't quite understand any C&D, and can't seem to find a good primer to study up on it frown.

One place to start might be http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy...aphics.php

One useful thing to know is that certain techs give soldier points in the demographics.

(November 4th, 2012, 18:31)Bigger Wrote: tech trading is turned off, fyi. But your point is still valid - the "what tech does everyone else have" screen appears at paper, now, instead of alphabet.

Commodore was rather excited about his pop, insisting he keep it after the reload, so AH would be a good guess. That does mean he started with it turn 0, though, which may make C&D more difficult :/.

TBH, I don't quite understand any C&D, and can't seem to find a good primer to study up on it frown.

I doubt Commodore got a tech T0 the last map. More likely he got a warrior or good gold. I think he's found a second hut at this point that popped a tech.

I'm surfing RB on my phone. Can't get internet on my civ4 machine, but I hope to fix the problem today now that the weekend is over.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

(November 4th, 2012, 15:30)Bigger Wrote: nice, but we ended up scrapping Mardoc's map. Do you know if Krill used the same script?

AFAICT Krill took the map Mardoc rolled, and rerolled it until an interesting one was found.
I might be wrong though.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

well, I played the turn. Lots of stuff happenned wink.

First, our capital expanded its borders:
[Image: Hltv1.jpg]

Good news, we have a second happy! spices mean we are probably on the big continent. we also see an oasis not too far. I'm a little disappointed that both rivers in our capital die out pretty quickly, oh well.
If its not clear from the picture, there is a fish resource 2N of the crabs, and an ice tile (bleeding out from the fog) just northwest of the fish. There's also an ice peak just west of the ice tile, so we have an igloo city down the road for intercontintal domestic routes that can pick up the fish, the newly revealed tundra furs, and probably not much else. could build moai if we can figure out how to get it built.

Our scout moved to the desert hill:
[Image: JwwC9.jpg]

Finally, a hut! we can pop it next turn, but I'll need input where to go afterwards. I can finish the scout in the forest to try and scout the little peninsula there, or I can move him NE to make it to the PH the following turn.
Also, we have stone nearby, but no food resources near the stone (yet). Another option might be to go SW, SW with the scout hoping for seafood to make the stone city viable? Although we really need to fill out the west before heading east, city #2 will have to go along the coast there to get a workboat out for our capital (1s of grassland spices will work, but if there is food or something else over there we could do 2S of it).

My current theory is that we are on an large peninsula of the main continent, which is to the west. Clearly we are near the northern polar caps (from the tundra, and ice to the north).
If this is true then the island chains will be somewhere to the east and southeast, and we should explore there as soon as we have a navy.

With the borders expanded, I moved our citizen-worker to the wheat to pick up an extra 1 commerce:
[Image: KHKvf.jpg]

which brought us from 7 to 4 in GNP smile

[Image: X5VZC.jpg]

rego: thanks for the link. I'll study it more as I have time, but it looks very useful. It seems mostly straightforward, except for the GNP and soliders stats. Right now I want to figure out how someone could be at 20 GNP, and also why they were 21 GNP 2 turns ago and dropped to 20 GNP (I'm guessing that was probably Scooter or Nakor).

(November 4th, 2012, 23:45)Qgqqqqq Wrote:
(November 4th, 2012, 15:30)Bigger Wrote: nice, but we ended up scrapping Mardoc's map. Do you know if Krill used the same script?

AFAICT Krill took the map Mardoc rolled, and rerolled it until an interesting one was found.
I might be wrong though.

what is AFAICT?

(November 5th, 2012, 00:10)Bigger Wrote: what is AFAICT?

As far as I can tell

I think the scout needs to keep looking for huts - I'd love to know if there is sea food there, but it wastes 2 or 3 turns of exploring and we don't need to know it yet. We can come back to look for sea food later with the scout or with a warrior...

I wonder if you can fog-gaze sea food?

Thanks for the link Regoarrarr!

Commodore got the score increase t4 but didn't get any soldier points with it, so t0 must have been a scout or money. I'd guess the former.

(November 5th, 2012, 02:47)Old Harry Wrote: I wonder if you can fog-gaze sea food?

No you can't frown