Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

(October 28th, 2012, 02:13)Old Harry Wrote: I got half way through reading your thread before it occurred that you might not think you're the dark side!

Ha, whether or not we think we're the dark side has little effect on whether we're perceived that way. Hopefully though we'll actually be able to run a bit of a builder's game and avoid conflict for at least a little while.

The difference between targeting MOM over GLH is that pottery is on the way to MOM. We can focus on expansion, quick start and good econ foundation with early cottages as we head towards calendar. GLH will require a bit more of a beeline that will hamper an earlier growth by precluding pottery in its tech beeline. Though again we'll have to see the new start. With the old start I think GLH route would have been best anyway given our resources, trees and lack of cottage-able land.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

(October 28th, 2012, 02:13)Old Harry Wrote: Or go for the epics for cities and characters from the epics for units?

I like this. The military units can be the heroes. the workers can be the female or ancilary characters.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(October 28th, 2012, 02:24)Lewwyn Wrote: The difference between targeting MOM over GLH is that pottery is on the way to MOM. We can focus on expansion, quick start and good econ foundation with early cottages as we head towards calendar. GLH will require a bit more of a beeline that will hamper an earlier growth by precluding pottery in its tech beeline. Though again we'll have to see the new start. With the old start I think GLH route would have been best anyway given our resources, trees and lack of cottage-able land.

ok, good points. I agree, lets see what we get this time.

In a game this big do you have a chance of founding any religions after the mom beeline? Or are you thinking libraries and barracks or even just monuments for culture?

ah its strange that barracks provide culture now. I guess agressive is a mini-creative trait, further nerfing creative.

we'll have to see. If we are on the big continent its likely a religion will spread naturally to us anyway, even if we don't found one. We aren't in always war, so someone with a shrine might even be motivated to send a missionary to us.

Barring that, I'm guessing libraries will work fine.

But maybe we'll have stone in our BFC or close and decide to do stonehenge? we'll need to see a little bit more, I guess.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5702.JPG]
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

scared
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

It's okay, Krill just forgot to turn resource bubbles on. shakehead

Okay, what have you done to piss these guys off?

we're obviously being trolled
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

Yeah, don't know what to say yet. I'm guessing move the scout W-NW to the PH and see what we can see. This also pretty much knocks out a GLH rush since we can't even see a body of water.