For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

Krill, we do have food, yes?
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Your start adheres to the rules agreed between the eleven teams
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(October 28th, 2012, 09:12)Lewwyn Wrote: Yeah, don't know what to say yet. I'm guessing move the scout W-NW to the PH and see what we can see. This also pretty much knocks out a GLH rush since we can't even see a body of water.

yes, looks like your pottery plan is looking more necessary. Still need mining-BW immediately though :/.

is the food (a 5f and a 4f) promised to us in the BFC if we settle in place or just within 6 squares? I thought it was in the BFC, with the luxury and strategic resources within 6 squares. maybe we should move the scout W-SE (so ending up one south) to get a better view our immediate surroundings to know if we should SIP or not. scout can hit the PH next turn.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Don't know if I've got all these right but is that coast in the NE? With a fishing start should you move that way?

It reminds me of Krill's start in PB5 - wandering around raging at SevenSpirits! lol

[Image: FogGazing.png]

I don't see any evidence of a coast. when the game logs in I guess we can do some more accurate fog-screening by playing with the camera (after we've moved the scout, to get his view, so we don't accidently move the settler).

my guess is we have a deer in one of the outlying forest areas that would be in our BFC. There's def forest everywhere so I'm not sure what the second resource could be, unless we have 2 deers.

Doesn't look like coast to me. What's the ? on 2S 1E?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

grassland forest riverside

I guess Lewwyn is right. with all these forest we can't really see what the area looks like, so we need to mvoe the scout to the PH to get a better look, then decide.

When does the game actually start?

No I mean, Why is there a question mark (?) on the GF R
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I assume that means Harry is not certain if that is grassland or plains. In fact, now that I look at it, it looks more like PF R to me.

I read the first 10 pages of Krills pb5, and so far ours looks worse. He at least had 2 Flood pains and a cow visible from the start. He was able to get a much better spot by walking around for 2-3 turns, though - and we may have to do the same frown.

Lewwyn, if we don't see anything by the scout movement, do we want to have faith in Krill that the 5f and the 4f make a SIP worth it, or risk losing a couple of turns to find a better spot?

grr, the old map screen was such an easy SIP decision, this is much more difficult :/

Looks like grassland to me.
Remember there was less balancing in PB5. IIRC the rules in PB5 were 1 4f land tile in BFC, and the (farmed) floodplains were his tile...
As it is your guaranteed two food resources (1 4f, 15f) even if they're not visible.

IMHO (Krill hasn't shown the map) at least look for the food, and check out surrondings.