For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

those are guaranteed to be in our BFC if we were to settle in place, right? I admit my eyes glazed over a bit in the setup smile

Q, are you global lurking?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(October 29th, 2012, 01:04)Bigger Wrote: I assume that means Harry is not certain if that is grassland or plains. In fact, now that I look at it, it looks more like PF R to me.

I read the first 10 pages of Krills pb5, and so far ours looks worse. He at least had 2 Flood pains and a cow visible from the start. He was able to get a much better spot by walking around for 2-3 turns, though - and we may have to do the same frown.

Spot on on both counts...

I though I saw some blue through the trees in the ne, but it could just be river or imagination...

Anyhow I'm guessing the food is in the east, mostly as it'll be riverside (wishful thinkingbang)

(October 29th, 2012, 02:58)Old Harry Wrote:
(October 29th, 2012, 01:04)Bigger Wrote: I assume that means Harry is not certain if that is grassland or plains. In fact, now that I look at it, it looks more like PF R to me.

I read the first 10 pages of Krills pb5, and so far ours looks worse. He at least had 2 Flood pains and a cow visible from the start. He was able to get a much better spot by walking around for 2-3 turns, though - and we may have to do the same frown.

Spot on on both counts...

I though I saw some blue through the trees in the ne, but it could just be river or imagination...

Anyhow I'm guessing the food is in the east, mostly as it'll be riverside (wishful thinkingbang)

I see what you mean now, but I think its just a bend in the river.

Yeah sorry, but krill is refusing to post map, and *SPOILER* no-one else seems to have explored your area yet smile.

Still think the meta for your BFC means its (probably!) better then krills.

That said...Good Luck!

(Twould suck if you SIP only to find double sea food...with you 1 tile off coast)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(October 29th, 2012, 03:33)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Yeah sorry, but krill is refusing to post map, and *SPOILER* no-one else seems to have explored your area yet smile.

Still think the meta for your BFC means its (probably!) better then krills.

That said...Good Luck!

(Twould suck if you SIP only to find double sea food...with you 1 tile off coast)

If that happens I'll curse you banghead

looking at the start again, I think there is a grain (probably wheat) 6-9 of the capital. The other food is either a deer (which could be in several spots) or the 6-3 grassland river spot with out a forest, which could be a pig or cow.

we could have a wet wheat, river pigs, AND a forested deer out there, which would make me stop complaining about our start wink.

It looks like we will end up SIP and hoping. but with the promised food, 14-15 river tiles and a lot of grassland tiles, it would make a pretty decent beauracracy commerce city. we will need to head for pottery pretty quickly anyway with the PRO trait.

also have a lot of nice forests to chop down and make room for the cottages.

Hmm, what to use all those forests for? cool

yay the games up.

lewwyn I think you should move the scout to the hill south (W, SE). The food is going to be to the east, so nothing the PH will reveal should change our decision. its possible (although unlikely) we might want to move our settler E or SE based on whats revealed. But settle in place unless the scout reveals something dandy.

After playing some 200 turns in single player with the mod, I think Beauracracy is going to be the one right answer for 100% of the game (most likely), so I'm just hoping for enough food that we can cottage all or most available land in the capital. We don't need more than 2-3 hills, after COL & Guilds workshops will be better than mines for production anyway.

I'll wait until you've played our turn to log in and maybe snap some pics (or waterbat can). My laptop is occasionally acting glitchy lately, I don't want to risk accidently moving a unit I wasn't supposed to.

(October 31st, 2012, 01:32)Bigger Wrote: yay the games up.

lewwyn I think you should move the scout to the hill south (W, SE). The food is going to be to the east, so nothing the PH will reveal should change our decision. its possible (although unlikely) we might want to move our settler E or SE based on whats revealed. But settle in place unless the scout reveals something dandy.

After playing some 200 turns in single player with the mod, I think Beauracracy is going to be the one right answer for 100% of the game (most likely), so I'm just hoping for enough food that we can cottage all or most available land in the capital. We don't need more than 2-3 hills, after COL & Guilds workshops will be better than mines for production anyway.

I'll wait until you've played our turn to log in and maybe snap some pics (or waterbat can). My laptop is occasionally acting glitchy lately, I don't want to risk accidently moving a unit I wasn't supposed to.

Hmm I was actually thinking to go too the PH so that we could simply see more and see whether i might be worth settling on that PH for the 2 hammer start. The thing about going to the South hill is if we SIP then the scouts movement is basically lost for the turn and I don't really think we want to move the settler E-SE and waste two full turns before settling. I'm pretty much resigned to SIP actually and the only thing that would change my mind is if there were two food resources in the BFC of that PH.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

ok, move to the PH. The wasted movement is true - I am just thinking about this too much due to the delay in the game smile

If the scout reveals the western and southern bits of the bfc and there is no food then moving the settler e or ne becomes an option. But I'd still be tempted to investigate east before settling... whichever you pick - good scouting!

Really? I've found lower maintenence vassalage to be useful, and doubtless moreso in MP.
Just my 2c.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.