Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

(October 31st, 2012, 18:09)Old Harry Wrote: Hey guys, do you mind if I have a go at logging in at some point? I've not logged into a pitboss before so I don't want to screw anything up - I thought before the game restarted might be a good time to check I can...

I think the game might have restarted already? Anyway I'm waiting for Lewwyn to log in and replay the turn before I do. If the game really hasn't been reset yet, I don't have a problem with you logging in, just make sure first.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Civstats says there is still 20 hours on the timer, and Sunrise hasn't posted yet. I'll risk it - I promise not to break anything...

ok. if we haven't reset then no worried anyway smile. Just in the future try to login after the turn has been played (which will likely be Lewwyn for several months unless he's unable to), and don't mess with city tile configurations.

Actually, if you want, you can use the scout to do some fog gazing and take some pics smile. Might be useful since it looks like we'll have a lot of real-time before turn 2.

collect demos ! im a bit worried about trying to do C&D in a RB-mod world - its hard enough to keep track of everything with vanilla bts
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

That was easy! It seemed sort of like a glacial version of Civ...

Anyhow, I did some fog gazing and it looks like there is land
featuring trees just over a few tiles of water to the NE:

And even closer to the NNW - possibly only over one or two tiles of water:

While it looks like there are lots of trees to the SW:

Also had a look at the demos and it looks like everyone who
settled so far is coastal, and someone is getting 3c more than us:

It's going to be pointless trying to keep track of other teams in
a game this big though isn't it?

Not sure how helpful that all is, but it was fun!dancing

Hey Waterbat - are you any good with C&D? I can just about read land area... Do you need any other screens? I did collect some.

Also anyone know how to shrink images so they pop bigger when you click them?

ok, so we are the only civ without soldiers? I woulda thought the scout counted for something. we are the only fishing/ag civ.

which lvl 1 techs give power? mining, archery, hunting? except 3 teams besides us start without any of those, so I guess the wheel counts for power too? Or am I missing something?

the island to the NNW looks like a peak, and probably just a couple of ice tiles. I think we are on the north pole (from the peaking tundra). The Island to NE at least has forests and might be promising.

Since we have furs already though I'm not sure we will have a strong motivation to rush up there -unless there is silver up there. But still, will be good to get a galley exploring - we'll need a coastal city soon anyway to crank out a workboat for our capital.

It seemed like the whole lot of the north was joined together, but it's a bit hard to tell without forests and peaks. I'd assume we're in the north with fur (and some tundra just north of the fur).

Did everyone start with a scout?

collected this too
[Image: settings.jpg]

yeah everyone starts with a scout. I see we have met to people as well. hah.