For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lewger goes for the Bigwyn

Mardoc, can you let us know all the map settings? For sim/sandbox purposes. I know we are using monarch difficulty, but not sure of anything else.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(October 27th, 2012, 00:55)Lewwyn Wrote: I hope we pop a tech from that hut... We can do that with a city settlement right?

No.

(October 27th, 2012, 05:17)Ilios Wrote:
(October 27th, 2012, 00:55)Lewwyn Wrote: I hope we pop a tech from that hut... We can do that with a city settlement right?

No.

Spoilsport.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

well popping a big wad of crash will be like popping a tech eventually smile.

well it seems like we are getting a new map. Guess its a good thing we didn't sim much out. Well our Capital does look good here, but seven is implying many starts go down fast outside of the Capital. Better to be safe for a more fun map as advertised, I guess. Honestly that could be us anyway, I see a lot of plains there and not much grassland.

So we can't plan much until we see the new map, but we discuss naming themes. Any ideas?

I was thinking since we may want peace for awhile, a naming theme that implies war would be a nice misdirection. A few thoughts:
1. Old Testament and/or mythic war heroes (david, samson, or hercules, Achilleus, Hector)
2. War Poets and War Philosophers (Sun Tzu, Machievelli, Homer, Virgil, Thucidiles, Cicero)
3. National epics - Iliad, Aenid, Beaowulf, Gilgamesh, Odyssey, Paul Bunyon, King Arthur, The Prince, etc.)

open to other ideas though smile

(October 27th, 2012, 17:53)Bigger Wrote: well it seems like we are getting a new map. Guess its a good thing we didn't sim much out. Well our Capital does look good here, but seven is implying many starts go down fast outside of the Capital. Better to be safe for a more fun map as advertised, I guess. Honestly that could be us anyway, I see a lot of plains there and not much grassland.

So we can't plan much until we see the new map, but we discuss naming themes. Any ideas?

I was thinking since we may want peace for awhile, a naming theme that implies war would be a nice misdirection. A few thoughts:
1. Old Testament and/or mythic war heroes (david, samson, or hercules, Achilleus, Hector)
2. War Poets and War Philosophers (Sun Tzu, Machievelli, Homer, Virgil, Thucidiles, Cicero)
3. National epics - Iliad, Aenid, Beaowulf, Gilgamesh, Odyssey, Paul Bunyon, King Arthur, The Prince, etc.)

open to other ideas though smile

I saw a man across the sea,
who said to me, "The names
of poems in games are strong,
once as songs and very epic."
Now our antics will be told
in words bold and silky tender.
Hear our banter flood the world
with rhyming words to bridge spam.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

yeah, I think #3 is best a well.

I'm considering a pottery and calendar beeline for MOM instead of GLH. Pottery for cheap granaries and leveraging PRO.

ok, well lets see what our start actually looks like smile.

I'm concerned about targetting deeper wonders with 4 other IND civs, including huaynac out there.

Also think it would be difficult to get the TAJ, making MOM weaker :/.
OTOH, TGL is nerfed, and MOM isn't.

I got half way through reading your thread before it occurred that you might not think you're the dark side! In any case I'm reporting for duty, ready to come up with names for things...

In fact, along the lines you're thinking Bigger - how about famous psychopaths? Dalhmer, Sutcliffe, Leatherface, etc. That should make people think twice before messing...

Or go for the epics for cities and characters from the epics for units?