Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Louis of Aztecs - One of those industrious

Couple of turns have passed. Nothing major going on.

I've been thinking if I should build few more units and start causing some further headaches for Merohoc. Especially the forest between their cities and unoccupied hill behind it is very inviting combo. I would just need a Barracks and couple of Jaguars out of the city and I could take the hill position and isolate the front line cities from each other and would have a very good shot at taking one of them since they haven't build any new units for a long time. On the other hand I've enough land to settle for a long time.

Still not sure what to do. It seems like Merohoc has come to same conclusion as I and they've occupied the hill properly now.

Current plan is to settle the 2 fish+cows city NE from my territory. Makes a great Moai city and acts as Canal.

[Image: civ4screenshot1420.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1421.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1422.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1423.jpg]

Incredible. My thread has already dropped to 2nd last. This game is getting well reported. Apparently there are lots of action going on. 2 Great Generals has born and in the past I've seen Azza losing couple a city or 2. Now, unless Lewwyn whipped exactly same minute, (they were online simultaneously) Azza captured a city from him.

Shots from current turn. Island SE has 1 great spot and another mediocore one. Slowcheetah probably gets there before me.

[Image: civ4screenshot1440.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1441.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1442.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1443.jpg]

I wish I had Swordmen. They get decent odds against archers in the city. jaguars are cheaper, but they'll die too often.

Here we go again

[Image: civ4screenshot1457.jpg]

Main reason why

[Image: civ4screenshot1458.jpg]

What's the plan with your four-man army? Move in between his cities, pillaging improvements and roads while looking for a potential underdefended city?
Fie, fie! you visionary things.

Chaos and carnage wink.

Bit more seriously, I'm just looking for ways to profit from their weak army and no access to metals. This could mean pillaging and trying to get them make mistakes that could lead to e.g. losing cities or to find profitable fights against Archers to generate GG points. As you might guess from power graph those 4 are not my only units in the neighborhood.

What's in the galley? I smell a naval attack on Barracuda Bay smile

Kalin

Galley's empty afaik, only a single red dot on the tile banner.