Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Louis of Aztecs - One of those industrious

@Nicolae: Good point.
Kalin

Yes - It is just a decoy that might be able to pillage something and protect against their galleys. My real target is the flat land city.

It seems I succeeded. I probably can capture that city in couple of turns. Galley didn't unload anything. I wonder if it is going to settle Iron. Not sure, if they can get trade route through my city. Does anybody know?

[Image: civ4screenshot1460.jpg]

Gonna attack next turn unless he can get 5th Archer in the city. I've 3 Jaguars, 2 Axes and Spear around the city. Turn after I can get 2 fresh Axes on the scene. Lot depends on the 1st fight that I'm going to take with unpromoted Axe against the only fully fortified Archer. At minimum I should get 2 hits in. With 0-1 hits in I probably abort and concentrate on pillaging.

[Image: civ4screenshot1467.jpg]

1st axe got just 1 hit in, but troops weren't discplined enough so I had to fight all the batlles. End result was pretty much what I expected.

[Image: civ4screenshot1471.jpg]

So how's the theater look now?
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

I've wounded spear+jaguar 1E from the city (might be dead by now since Merohoc has a chance to hit them). and 2*Axe+wounded jaguar south from it + couple of other units coming from the south. They have only that wounded Archer and whathever they can build in the city (probably another Archer). Nothing else can reach the city. Assuming no grazy bad RNG luck or other big surprises, I'll raze the city next turn. After that it is probably pillaging until I can get something better in the field.

Razed the city. I think overall my luck has been as expected in these battles. Merohoc's situation looks a very grim. Slowcheetach on the other hand is doing vey well. They've had Currency for some time now and are settling on my continent.

[Image: civ4screenshot1473.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1474.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1475.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot1476.jpg]

Lurkers comments needed. Assuming you can say it without spoilering too much, what was the double move you considered insignificant? I think it would be better keep things simple and in principle take no actions out of order, but in case they're insignificant I wouldn't mind too much. They shouldn't have played the turn. There was plenty of time in the clock and option for pause, if they needed more time.

I believe the issue was whether or not he could promote his units during your half of the turn, which he ended up not doing. But according to some, he should be able to do that, at least under some circumstances and since he has the second half. I don't know what the correct ruling would be, but that's the gist of it.
If you know what I mean.