For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Louis of Aztecs - One of those industrious

I do think that should not be allowed. If these things are openly allowed, we'll soon end up having again need for those grazy double move rules where every team would need to have several "action slots" per turn. This also leads teams not ending their turns when they wait for others to end the turn so that they can be last on the ongoing turn and first on the 2nd turn. I would hate to be playing that kind of timer games.

I understand the reload issue is settled, yes he was trying to avoid double moving, and so he didn't use his promos at the beginning of the turn you razed the city. He could have had at least one archer promo-healed for that fight.

He asked in thread and got little support. I agree he should have waited to end turn.

Finally Calendar is coming in. I've been extremely sloppy in micro management, but I hope to land MoM in capital. If not I'm happy to get the gold at least, if that fails. Merohoc front it is quiet. Fighting was pretty expensive, but they've whipped their cities down so should be easy picking whenever I feel like taking few extra cities.

[Image: civ4screenshot1490.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1491.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1492.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1493.jpg]

Merohoc has been able to collect metal somewhere. Had to consider, if AH is worth researching before finishing Currency. It will delay it few crucial turns so would hate to do it. They've also got Buddhism spread so Serdoa is probably close by towards west from them.

Feels good to be able to grow my cities even little. Sugar is hooked up and Spices will follow up in couple of turns.

[Image: civ4screenshot1504.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1505.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1506.jpg]

Man, TWO cities with fish/fish/cow, and such a low happy cap! How are you managing all that food?

(January 29th, 2013, 10:12)Ceiliazul Wrote: Man, TWO cities with fish/fish/cow, and such a low happy cap! How are you managing all that food?

Build workers/settlers mainly. Try to share the food with other cities. Don't whip (I've and didn't like the end result).

Nothing much going on in Merohoc front. They have offered cease fire couple of times, but I dodn't see much sense in that. Better keep that forest occupied.

[Image: civ4screenshot1547.jpg]

Barb galleys causing trouble. Might pillage my fish there. I think I need some galleys as centries though to see what Slowcheetah is doing. They seem to be doing extremely well. Converted to HR this turn and have had currency for a long time. I'm way behind economically.

[Image: civ4screenshot1548.jpg]

My GNP is terrible (partly because I work mines to land MoM). Had to get that Currency ASAP. couple of more turns gold accumulation and whipping libraries and I'm ready to o there.

[Image: civ4screenshot1549.jpg]

Graphs. Slowcheetach is in #1 position in this game. I'll check his other games since it seems that here he has been doing right things and clearly main competitor to win this.

[Image: civ4screenshot1554.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1555.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1556.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1557.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1558.jpg]

MoM finished. Now the question is was it worth it?

It wasn't. Having Currency some 20T ago would have been way better. Now I just had to make sure I can take advantage of it at best of my ability

Some screenshots
[Image: civ4screenshot1566.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1567.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1568.jpg]

Long awaited Currency is finally finished. This also means I can get those horses soon online.
[Image: civ4screenshot1569.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1570.jpg]
[Image: civ4screenshot1571.jpg]
Brick offered 35 gold for my world maps. I didn't accept. Offered world map swap + him giving 50 gold. Not gonna get accepted, but I'm not giving my maps for circumnav purposes cheaply for Vikings wink.