I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Louis of Aztecs - One of those industrious

Capital is great. Everything else needs lots of techs and worker labor and I've happiness problems pre-calendar. With current map info I'll settle 2 fast cities that share the capital food. Solution to commerce will be mixed bag. I go for pottery, sailing and writing before IW. So I'll be planting cottages, run few scientists and try to land GLH.

I'll also try to emphasize early scouting and probably send 2 workboats out right after fishing. No sea food around here it seems wink. Are OBs available only after Alphabet also in no tech trading games?

edit. Seems like that. Makes GLH weaker so I can probably get it if I really want it and it seems to me I should want it without good spots to expand to.

Scout is heading towards north next. I really hope that I find something worthwhile there.

Finally some new tiles were revealed. Nothing much to write home about.

[Image: civ4screenshot1175.jpg]

I've been thinking the viability of Serfdom here and potential utilising time is too far ahead to make any reasonable guesses about its usefulness here.

It provides +75% working rate +1 hammers from windmills and watermills. Might help me getting rid of the jungle, but my preferred tech path includes IW and Calendar before anything, so Feudalism would come pretty late. Also machinery is needed to build water- and windmills and I think pretty much all riverside tiles should be cottaged/farmed so hammer bonus will not be significant in reasonable time frame.

Turn 26

Celebration time. Food resource spotted!

[Image: civ4screenshot1195.jpg]

Wheat! And a wet Wheat at that. Looks like you don't have to wait for IW to settle your second city lol Will be interesting to see what else is hidden in the fog up there.
Fie, fie! you visionary things.

Oh no. Had forgot that barbs were on wink. Bad play from me landing on flat land.

[Image: civ4screenshot1196.jpg]

Ouch, that blows. I guess the "unexplored north" will remain unexplored for quite a bit longer now alright

Unsurprisingly scout lost although Bear took quite a few hits. I decided to finish warrior at this point to scout the norther area.

Nothing much going on. Still banging my head for being so stupid and losing the scout.

[Image: civ4screenshot1209.jpg]

Where does the settler go?