I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Louis of Aztecs - One of those industrious

(November 23rd, 2012, 15:16)Tredje Wrote: Where does the settler go?

Not quite sure. Probably so that it shares all the food resources with the capital i.e. E-E-NE. If I want to gamble that there is nothing worthwhile in the sea behind the rice I could also settle E-E-E-SE. Made yet another mistake here. Should have sent the warrior to check the rice. Now it is too late so it continues towards north.

Hang on, do you hav no southern neighbors to share all that jungle???
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(November 24th, 2012, 03:35)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Hang on, do you hav no southern neighbors to share all that jungle???

Might be and that is a lot of land. This is some tropical script. Gonna settle the hill after all. I'll settle above the rice later, if there are something intresting in the sea. Otherwise it isn't that important resource.

[Image: civ4screenshot1215.jpg]

I think settling there is the right call (not a spoiler)

Why not 3N-2E on the desert? Canal city, still shares 2 resources, and allows some city to use that rice later on?

Kalin

It is weaker in almost all respects. Canal isn't giving any short term benefits. Main short term benefit would have been better stepping stone to settle north. That is not wortnh much.

(November 26th, 2012, 11:28)plako Wrote: It is weaker in almost all respects. Canal isn't giving any short term benefits. Main short term benefit would have been better stepping stone to settle north. That is not wortnh much.

Also, I don't quite understand why you are settling on the hill rather than 1N of it... I'd love to hear your reasoning here.

Kalin

Current positioning is way better long term. More grassland to cottage. More useful land tiles (less coast+desert). 2 of those will be riverside (currently under the jungle). 2 hills instead of one.

Fair enough, I see what you mean.
Kalin

Barb alert. Gonna cry, if I lose this one.

[Image: civ4screenshot1216.jpg]