I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

(November 2nd, 2012, 12:19)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: From CIV4HandicapInfo, and I believe we decided on Monarch difficulty? :

Code:
<Goodies>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_HIGH_GOLD</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_LOW_GOLD</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_MAP</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_MAP</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_WARRIOR</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_WARRIOR</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_SCOUT</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_EXPERIENCE</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_EXPERIENCE</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_HEALING</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_TECH</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_TECH</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_BARBARIANS_WEAK</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_BARBARIANS_STRONG</GoodyType>
                <GoodyType>GOODY_BARBARIANS_STRONG</GoodyType>
            </Goodies>

These are our options but I recall that scouts skew the results to be more favorable than hut popping with a combat unit. I'm not sure how that changes the possibilities but if it minimizes the risk of barbs (particularly strong) that would be good. Honestly, though, if we get killed by barbs before it's possible to build a worker we can just go play another game. I think it's going to give us BW, just wait and see. bow

Is it possible to spawn barbs the first x turns of the game? I think there is an early time where they won't spawn but I don't know what it is. I would assume that you're still under that though, so you can probably knock off the bottom 5 options. You can also strike healing, as your unit isn't wounded. Gold is useless until you build a second city, maps suck. Tech would be best, but a warrior/scout to pop more huts would be cool too. Pretty much should be ok here I think.

(October 27th, 2012, 03:57)Krill Wrote: Collosus obsoletes at Astronomy.

I know... but Astro isn't strictly necessary (mackoti ignored it in PBEM24).
Not saying lining them all up is plausible, just possible.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

You can't pop barbs with scout. (at least in vanilla)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Heh, good thing this is a mod. Any chance Krill and Cyneheard decided to have some fun at unsuspecting players' expense? lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I'm 99% certain that scouts can't pop barbs, and RBMod doesn't change it (the only RBMod change to huts is the list of techs which can be popped)

OK, not quite what you asked, but I did pop Sailing for you smile

Went ahead and moved the scout one more time. Looks like that Sailing might be useful smile

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0688.JPG]

Looks like I'll be taking to the seas...so yay Portugal! Thanks for keeping us moving, Yuris. I'll play this turn tomorrow morning.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

T7 - The scout keeps moving, this turn he uncovered a dry jungle rice.

[Image: T7-WorldMap.JPG]

It seems likely I'll need an early Iron Working in this game. From there research toward Optics and build my little carracks and start looking for more land, unless the fogged peninsula to the northeast of One Fish has enough good land to work with for a while.

On the bright side I noticed in the F8 screen that the script rolled with a tropical climate. That would hopefully account for all the jungle around my start, rather than me being in the equatorial band.

And CFCjester popped a second tech from a hut, good luck for him. I guess since we all started with scouts we're more likely to see tech popping than normal. I'm not complaining about my Sailing pop, that was nice even if I can't use it yet. Aside from BW I think it was the most expensive tech I could pop at the time. Nice job Yuris! thumbsup You may be called upon to pop future huts if that's the kind of luck you have.

Haha, glad you like it smile