Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

T8 - The scout located another fish offshore to the north:

[Image: T8-WorldMap.JPG]

Also, in case anyone has been asleep for the last few hours:

[Image: ElectionDay.JPG]
I penciled in the current leader in the few states where the winner hasn't been projected yet.

AMERICA.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(November 7th, 2012, 00:07)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: T8 - The scout located another fish offshore to the north:

[Image: T8-WorldMap.JPG]

Also, in case anyone has been asleep for the last few hours:

[Image: ElectionDay.JPG]
I penciled in the current leader in the few states where the winner hasn't been projected yet.

AMERICA.

So, city #2 on the hill for both fish and the jungle rice? You'll need a way to pop borders there. I suppose that may wait for #3 and get your #2 on the hill 1N of clams to keep working the gems at all times.

And, yeah, America. dancing

Possibly, I have to scout the coast over there to make sure I don't strand a seafood. The scout is headed east across the capital already to check it out.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

T10 - No new scouting info yet as the scout is crossing over One Fish on his way to the east, but Agriculture came in this turn. I'm going to go Wheel/Pottery before BW because I have Mining already and the first three tiles I'm going to improve are the two corns and the gems. It will take 17 turns to research BW at my current garbage tech rate but if I can grow quickly and get the gems worked that will significantly improve things. I want Pottery so I can start putting hammers into a granary while growing and then whip it when BW comes in.

[Image: T10-Capital.JPG]

I should have a better idea how large (or small) this landmass is in five turns when the worker completes. I won't have a lot of useful choices on what to build at that time: barracks, lighthouse, WB, warrior, or galley. It seems early to fuss about a warrior for garrison, I won't need a lighthouse here for quite a while, maybe a WB makes sense to start scouting if this landmass looks to be on the small side. I'd consider a barracks if I wasn't getting palace culture and a galley just seems too expensive when I can scout as well with a WB for now. I'll have to get more scouting info before making this call. I don't want to start a second worker yet because I'd like to grow to size 3 ASAP, at that point the second worker will come very quickly working two wet farmed corn tiles.

Also, the election was two days ago. We still don't have an official result on who won my state....I'm glad Florida wasn't needed because this would be annoying. I think next time the secretary of state should tell Miami that the election is on Monday, maybe by Tuesday those guys will all roll up to the polls "on time." lol

Oh, I'm not doing C&D but we can go for the obvious info and say that Nakor and Scooter/Pindicator are the two teams with a size 2 capital now. Obviously they didn't go worker first. But you guys are reading every thread, I'm sure someone is reporting this stuff. neenerneener

Wow.... that's a nice capital

I know, I'm a mortal lock for the "least with the most" award. smoke That is, unless some enterprising do-gooders want to launch a campaign to save this unskilled tyrant from himself (and contribute to The Plan, if I ever develop one).

Otherwise we'll be into story-time shortly, as soon as I extinguish any chance at winning this game. That shouldn't take long! lol

T12 - The scout didn't uncover any new seafood immediately east of the capital but he did find a jungled river sugar resource:

[Image: T12-Map.JPG]

It's beginning to look like this landmass spreads out a bit so my immediate concern about a lack of expansion is starting to dissipate. However...that is a lot of jungle. EXP or India would look very nice here (don't they always?). I'm going to need a swarm of workers but I don't think it will be terribly different for a lot of the other players. Maybe that slows things down in the early game but when we hit the midgame and lots of grassland cottages start to mature the tech pace will speed up.

Scout will probably go 7, 7 next to clear out the coastal tiles north of One Fish. Then probably clockwise through the fog back toward the east coast depending on what I find on the river.

T13 - Mine has to be the most boring thread to read right now. Here's a new map!

[Image: T13-Map.JPG]

I posted a sign with next turn's direction. There is a hut to pop...maybe I should recruit Yuris again. nod No one will object if he plays everyone's turn, right?

On a serious note I'm going to be away from home all day tomorrow, will be back in the evening sometime. If everyone plays and we get to a new turn and I'm holding it up on this one scout move....someone feel free to move the scout onto that hut and pop BW for me.

On an unrelated note, it's not really a bad deal scoring free football tickets two weekends in a row. No flight required this time, this game is within driving distance. twirl

T14 - Well this wasn't bad luck but it wasn't what I was hoping for. The hut produced a map:

[Image: T14-PoppedAMap.JPG]

Looks like we have the market cornered on dyes. I charted a prospective scouting plan in case someone else needs to move the scout for me today, the goal is to make it over to the next hut and pop BW. lol

Otherwise....lots more jungle but I think you can see a few forests in grassland tiles if I'm not too mistaken. Plains in the north probably indicate an exit to the equatorial band. Maybe.

The worker finishes when the turn rolls, job one is to begin farming the corn 7 of the city. Then we'll waste a worker turn and move to the other corn, farm it, then move up and immediately mine the gems.

I'm hitting the road now, if this thing rolls again someone feel free to do the scout and worker move.