Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

Don't put yourself out over it...if you go to the trouble of making a sandbox I'd almost feel obligated to use it. And who has time for that these days anyway?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(November 20th, 2012, 22:39)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Don't put yourself out over it...if you go to the trouble of making a sandbox I'd almost feel obligated to use it. And who has time for that these days anyway?

Don't worry, I didn't get to it. Maybe one day. I left you instructions for covering my turns over the holiday weekend in thread. Thanks.

Thread necro... Zzzzzzzz. neenerneener

I'll post an update soon. There isn't much to talk about when half your moveable pieces are dead. (Spoiler alert!)

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I missed a few turn reports so here they come, in brief.

T29 - The Lorax completed the gems mine so I was able to work three improved tiles. Photo now only for score purposes:

[Image: T29-OneFish.JPG]

Finishing the gems mine pushed me back to number one in GNP:

[Image: T29-F9.JPG]

You can see that I switched back to finish Pottery on T29 I could start a cottage on the next turn with the worker completing in One Fish.

Undocumented: Panther Slayer is alive and scouting. In international news (and I don't remember now which turns it happened on) I believe BRick and Nakor have settled their second cities, just judging from two point mid-turn score increases I remember seeing over the last week. I know there is a way in Civstats to go back and see previous turns of information but I don't remember how to do it now -- maybe that's only available for games that are completed? Not sure. Anyway, moving on, more turns to report!

T30 - This is where my scouting went off the rails:

[Image: T30-ScoutIsGonnaDie.JPG]

I started the turn on safe terrain, moved and saw a hut on flat ground, and guessed (incorrectly!) that I would be safe. I mean, this guy has already killed two panthers to get to 3/4 XP, surely he'll be fine if I move him unsafely for just one turn to pop a hut, right? Uh...nope. banghead At least he got me 25 gold for his trouble. I checked the combat log later, I don't think I hurt the bear at all. Godless killing machines, bears.

So with no unit to produce interesting screen shots in the north it will be just boring pictures of workers doing their thing at the capital for a while. Instead of starting the cottage with one worker I doubled up on building a road on the gems so that both workers could go over to start the cottage next turn:

[Image: T30-OneFish.JPG]

Demographics reveal someone later than me in the turn order has tied my GNP. Not that I remember the turn order...is there a way to determine that in a simultaneous pitboss game? Or is that randomly set each turn like for wonder/religion/first to tech races?

[Image: T30-F9.JPG]

T31 - I forgot I had taken a picture of the combat log:

[Image: T31-SlainByABear.JPG]

So the combat went better than I remembered. I hit the bear once, the bear hit my scout four times. alright Do barbs get XP? I've never noticed. The bear should get two XP for killing me at 97% odds, maybe he can promote and go bother whoever else is on this landmass since I won't be meeting them for a while now. That's 2 points for the barbs now, 2 scouts killed that I'm aware of. Maybe they'll eat someone's settler while they're at it. hammer

Scout is dead, only have workers, here's your worker report:

[Image: T31-OneFish.JPG]

Looks like they're building a cottage while the city grows to size 4 and finishes up the warrior that's been in queue for a while.

Still not much to see in demographics, so I'll save the space with a spoiler.

[Image: T31-F9.JPG]

T32 - Worker report: cottage finishes as I grew to size 4. Worker finishes next because I have to pretend to have some kind of military.

[Image: T32-OneFishCottageDone.JPG]

I'm the second to grow to size 4 and I jump to number one on the basis of my stupidly productive city:

[Image: T32-Top5.JPG]

Demos show I'm working the cottage I just grew onto and that I still have more wet corn than anyone else.

[Image: T32-F9.JPG]

T33 - The Lorax and Sam-I-Am begin building a cottage on the other dye, they'll have it ready by the time I grow to size 5 in 2 turns. The warrior wanted to go for a walk into a forest, probably some burial rite for the dead scout. He isn't going far because he's all that is saving me from certain annihilation at this point. Oh, when those barbs can enter borders...they'll be coming into MY borders. (I know that's a way off from now but really there isn't much point in sending that warrior out for now. He'll be needed back home before too long).

[Image: T33-OneFish.JPG]

Demographics, if anyone cares to do change analysis to know what's going on (and you're for some reason not reading other, more informative threads).

[Image: T33-F9.JPG]

If you go to civstats, and mouseover the links for each player, you'll see something along the lines of "playerid=1" - that number is the player order, and ties are broken on F9 in reverse order of that