For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Cheerful Cat Crew Have No Clue (Sury of France)

Everything is chugging along cheerily in the cheetah kingdom.

Oxford next turn-

Astronomy also comes in next turn. If I leave my galley builds out in the sun for this special turn, they somehow morph from partially completed viking longboats to ocean travelling behemoths with enough hold room to carry one extra horse. Galley builds for all.

Note that I am also building several galleons o my main continent. This is obviously nowhere near the pindicator front and a fair few of them won't make it over there. However, I'd like a few extra galleons to give me a naval tech edge on Plako who is running out of land based opponents. This should last while I'm fighting a war. A couple will also be posted to guard the Commodore border. Mr War libbed astronomy, seemingly for an Azza invasion, however Commodore isn't beyond an opportunistic play and I have some good cities on that side of my main island.

Unit wise I have Nineteen knights total. unfortunately most of the hoofy blighters are a fair way from the pindicator front. I have nine available, on my near island who can be used to attack Pindi's scantily guarded south.

These five cities currently have warrior guards at the most.

I'm going to research Nationalism net (may have to put a fair few cities on wealth). I may have a very outside shout at the Taj Mahal, in addition the ability to draft macemen out of captured cities would be useful for holding the buggers. I'll then head straight to Gunpowder for musketeers, although hopefully the war will be mostly over by then.

I may change my mind about nationalism, Musketeers would be a great addition to the squad, and I can build them pretty quickly. The technology is also considerably cheaper. I may revolt to slavery (still only 1 turn anarchy) to get a few of them out sharply. If all goes well the war should end around the time I have two Great People available. Allowing me to spark a GA and get back out of slavery.

Two updates in a day:

Number one GNP

Here's why

(It's not even slightly to do with the double pre-req bonus for gunpowder. Nope not even in the slightest)

Whenever I declare war I always end up playing the first few turns really hastily and making the most stupid arse decisions.

"Oi loikes building rant"

(May 15th, 2013, 14:47)slowcheetah Wrote: Whenever I declare war I always end up playing the first few turns really hastily and making the most stupid arse decisions.

"Oi loikes building rant"

Storytime?
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

So, how is it going?

Plako said* you smell of elderberries, and Commodore totally told us** you're afraid of sea monsters.

Sure wish we could hear your side of the story.***

*fabricated
**also made up
***Totally true!

Thunor's Day Approacheth!

Happy just to press enter and move things along, but leave a password and a brief note re: your goals at the moment.

duh doh - thought I was in today. Carry on.

(July 11th, 2013, 09:53)suttree Wrote: duh doh - thought I was in today. Carry on.
Haha, at least it's an eager takeover