For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Cheerful Cat Crew Have No Clue (Sury of France)

(February 4th, 2013, 13:56)Ceiliazul Wrote: So... have any good turns lately?

Now you come to mention it, the last turn was pretty good smile, not as good as Plako's by the looks of it though. MoMs ahoy for the Aztecs.

I landed confuscianism in Whitechapel, which suits me fine smile. CRE and my isolation means the extra culture is pretty much irrelevant. I'd also consider Whitechapel a hybrid-support city growing cottages for the future cap and with some mines it can toss back and forwards with Pall Mall so it's a reasonable spot for a missionary pump.
As for what I'm going to do with the religion, in the near future probably not a lot. I'll begin the process of spreading her around, however;

a) I don't have any religious civics unlocked yet.
b) I need a GA in order to switch religion and civics and i haven't started on my first Great Person yet.

Here is the likely site of initial great person production:

With a food surplus of +13 I should be able to grow to size 6 in 3-5 turns (note one more miltary policeman is needed). I can then triple whip the library and run 2 scientists, that'll take 17 turns, so I'll get my first GP on turn 131-133. At that point I could fire a GA and use caste and pacifism to create a Great Person glut.

To do this I could either hand research Philosophy, which, is probably around 12 turns of research with wealth builds thrown in. Or I could go to aesthetics and build Paya. Aesthetics will take about 6 turns to research, again with wealth builds thrown in, I can then build the thing in 7 turns at Marlborough St if I chop down all the forests. I have no idea whether t125 will be a competitive time for the wonder, but my GNP is one of the best in the game and I haven't burnt a lot of forests yet. I think I'm going to go for it, aesthetics itself is necessary for Lit which is necessary for paper so it isn't a complete deadend research.

In other news of the turn:

This guy flawlessly took out a warrior in Plako's resource deprived, jungle laden backlands, the flawless was definitely a nice boon. The lack of resources is both dissapointing because there is less stuff for me to claim, and possibly quite good because there is less reason for Plako to come butting up to my borders anytime soon.

In news from the previous turn.

Vine street was founded, because of my decision to build Paya the poor city might have rather a slow start. I'm not really too bothered, the places function will be simply to claim horses and pump out units.

Demographics

Are pretty pleasing smile

(February 4th, 2013, 15:07)slowcheetah Wrote: I think I'm going to go for it, aesthetics itself is necessary for Lit which is necessary for paper so it isn't a complete deadend research.

Nice update, but you lost me there.

Northumberland looks Scary good!

(February 4th, 2013, 15:32)Ceiliazul Wrote:
(February 4th, 2013, 15:07)slowcheetah Wrote: I think I'm going to go for it, aesthetics itself is necessary for Lit which is necessary for paper so it isn't a complete deadend research.

RB mod.
I have to run.

(February 4th, 2013, 15:36)novice Wrote:
(February 4th, 2013, 15:32)Ceiliazul Wrote:

RB mod.

Yup, you need to have COL, Lit and Metal Casting before paper can be researched. CS and Theo are still one or the other prereqs. At least I don't remember any changes to the way that works.

(February 4th, 2013, 15:36)novice Wrote: RB mod.

Derp, still haven't played a full game with the mod.

No time for a detailed report. Thus far I've gotten extremely lucky with Confuscianism with two free spreads occuring. My wndering axe also found Plako's borders and some dyes/sugar. Looks like Plako has claimed all of the resources close to me, probably means it waas a good decision not to have Moai in my stone city, it looks like it's going to be pretty isolated from now until the end of time.

Turn 119.

I finished Aesthetics a couple of turns ago, I'm building Paya in Marlborough and am going to attempt to chop SoZ out in pentonville in order to maximise the benefit of the early research. Paya is due on turn 128 with four chops and SoZ is due in approximately 8 turns with 6 chops including one third ring chop.

I'm saving gold to research IW, because now I've explored up to Plako's borders he's moving quickly into the south, and I want to found Pigs/double clams city and gain control of my northern island before he moves in. I already have a settler/two worker and axeman party in order to found cows city on the same island next turn. After IW I'm going to research MC, I want to get forges/triremes/workshops into play.

I 4 whipped the library in Northumberland last turn, after making a miscalculation on how much a three whip cost, my mind thought the pop were worth 30, 20, 30 rather than 30, 20, 20 banghead. Anyway I'll have a great scientist on turn 136 and he's almost certain to go for a golden age, for civic swappingincreasing great person generation.

Western Exploration

Cities Screen

Demographics

Sorry, again I'm pressed for time, I also forgot to take picturesbanghead. I settled my 12th? city on the jungled hill on northern cow island this turn, and chopped in thirty hammers worth of granary (man I wish this was normal mod EXP :P), I haven't yet decided whether to chop further or . IW is due in two turns at 60% research which will allow me to settle the cities companion (pigs/double clams) in approximately five turns. I'll get the setler in two, however, I can't remember the travel time off the top of my head.

There was a hut lurking amongst the lush surroundings of the far western island, my scout will pop it next turn. Thinking about it the best result would probably be experience, the scout is already 5/10 exp from an earlier hut pop and another five would unlock the Heroic epic, which given my isolated nature seems a long long way away at present.

Good luck with the hut.... did RBmod limit tech popping to ancient age non-religion techs?

(February 11th, 2013, 19:38)Ceiliazul Wrote: Good luck with the hut.... did RBmod limit tech popping to ancient age non-religion techs?

Possible hut pop techs:

Fishing, Sailing, Wheel, Pottery, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Hunting, Archery, Mysticism, Mining, Bronze Working.

I have all of them, even archery.