Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Cheerful Cat Crew Have No Clue (Sury of France)

Turn 121.

First thing I did was pop the hut, I got....

Not great, but as Tesco says 'Every little helps'.

I've realised I'm being stupid with pigs double clams, firstly it's going to be a border city so the extra defense of a hill will be valuable, secondly my placement renders both clams unlighthouseable. Consequently, I am going to plant on the hill one tile north of the 'c' sign. A worker and spear are in transit in order to begin chopping down the jungle. The city will be settled seven turns from now, unfortunately the settler has to wait a turn for the galley, and transit times are LOOONG.

I've also changed my mind on furs city, being my next target. Although Furs themselves are very important in the grander scheme of things, currently I'm just about coping with my happy cap using HR. The furs are pretty far in my backlines so I can wait to claim them. However, the juicy islands to my west are possibly contested, from further west or maybe even Plako. As a result I'm placing a greater priority on founding a link city between my current city of Marlborough and the islands. Unfortunately, it'll take a very long time to get out there, approximately 14 turns from now with building the settler and transit time. With less wonders being built and better cities up, expansion should be easier from then on. Even if things are still having to travel a bloody long way.

Demographics

I've lost my crop yield lead to Plako frown, I have whipped quite a lot in the last few turns though.

In brighter news for my empires self esteem, Old Kent Road has claimed its place as the (joint) smallest city in the top 5 screen. He may be a runt but he's a pretty runt lol

Those clams look lighthouseable to me.
I have to run.

(February 12th, 2013, 14:05)novice Wrote: Those clams look lighthouseable to me.

Evidently I earlier escaped idiothood, unfortunately my fallback profession was stupiditylol

I don't really want to have to found a crap filler city for just those clams...
Screw it, I'll go with the original site and build walls.

Turn 122-

I discovered Iron Working this turn; the results were pleasing to say the least. With the extra two hammers I can configure Old Kent road to get 21 hpt. Which means 5 rather than 6 turn settlers smile.

I'm considering slotting in alphabet before metal casting, open borders with Plako will get me an extra 11gpt and upwards, it'll also allow me to explore past him without being overly aggressive. I'll then probably go MC->Compass (Exp harbours will be my courthouses, at least for a little while)->Machinery->Optics->CS after that (and probably even during) my tech path gets a little fuzzy.

In world news somebody built the ToA last turn, based on his large score increase I'm guessing that was Commodore. Although that would probably mean he beat all of the Ind civilisations to the GLH. So either kudos, or I'm completely wrong.

Demographics- Looks like pretty much everybody is saving gold at the moment. Christ, that rival worst (probably pindooter) is terrible.

New turn, new scouting.

Food much?

In stupider news:

Still makes less money than scientology...

mmmmmmmmmmm, ranking system.

Thinking about one of the screens more closely. Nobody would use a GE for Paya, right? RIGHT???

I REMEMBERED to load the settler. Nothing else to report really.

Lets start off with the turns biggest story;

SoZ is mine, barring coin flip loss.

Hopefully the galleys unloaded so Plako doesn't try to snipe the worker. I get alphabet in two and an open borders agreement should solidify relations.

These islands look like the limits of my expansion possibilities, which puts me in a bit of a bind. I'm going to need to invade someone, and the only reasonable looking choice is plako. But Plako's the only player I've met so I could do with tradinng with Plako. I'll figure something out I suppose.

Hanging Gardens was completed this turn in the same city as the pyramids, kudos to Serdoa there. With stone I should have probably have made an attempt at building them, but I honestly thought they'd fall much earlier.

Demographics

Somebody has a pretty big GNP, the twenty point food lead is also worrying (Serdoa, maybe with hanging gardens population). How do you even get -5 GNP, strike?

What does RBMod SoZ do?

(February 18th, 2013, 15:27)fluffyflyingpig Wrote: What does RBMod SoZ do?

SoZ: no WW effect. Now +3XP, 200 hammers, no building prerequisites.