I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

T25...
[Image: pb8t25.jpg]
We should know in a few turns whether we have company on the landmass. The demos are not too good (expected due to slow fishing start)...
[Image: pb8t25a.jpg]
The are at least 3 opponents who have water tiles (possible coastal settles) but it doesn't look like anyone is working coast (inferred from GNP). My guess is that they don't have seafood or decided on improving land food first. The top 5 cities are already at size 3 so it looks like no one had BFC gold (still posible ofc). Top GNP (land area as well) obviously a creative leader. Probably totally mistaken...really need to work on C&D. lol
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Looks like we got a nice piece of land to ourselves. Just not a lot of happy resources... Maybe we should get a WB scouting east once we have a city on the east side.

And we have a new turn.
Moved the scout and put the chop into the worker.
Didn't end turn so you can take a look and see if I did things correctly.

Hope we get a few more improved tiles soon...

(November 19th, 2012, 15:16)Nakor Wrote: And we have a new turn.
Moved the scout and put the chop into the worker.
Didn't end turn so you can take a look and see if I did things correctly.

Hope we get a few more improved tiles soon...
We're good...ended turn. The sad part of seafood start + forests covering every single BFC tile (except one) is the delay in improving tiles. Then again, our best tiles are mainly seafood. frown
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

T28...
[Image: pb8t28a.jpg]
No wonder we haven't met anybody...too early for scouting WBs just yet. Our score is pretty good and it isn't because of our pop or land area. We have a good score because of our tech rate. GLH is looking better and better since we should be able to get eleven coastal cities...well worth it imo (even nerfed). The demos...
[Image: pb8t28.jpg]

Hmm, looks like we'll most likely have contact from the north (possible from east as well)...
[Image: pb8t29.jpg]
The scout has 2/2 XP but can't promote...must be a RB mod change. Probably need to sentry scout somewhere north...maybe above one of the FPs?

Huh, we can promote now (I didn't though). Anyway, T30...nothing going on so ended turn. I agree (notes are fun)...off to scout the far south (hopefully reveal seafood). I'd also rather fogbust closer to us anyway so good decision imo. BTW, happy Thanksgiving. smile

Happy Thanksgiving to!

Very easy turns now with all the micro planned.
Now that we know we're pretty isolated, we might want to consider going TGH before our third city since we're not racing anyone to a spot and don't need a stragetic resource very fast. What do you think?

Are people reading our conversation or is this just for our own fun? crazyeye

(November 22nd, 2012, 09:24)Nakor Wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to!

Very easy turns now with all the micro planned.
Now that we know we're pretty isolated, we might want to consider going TGH before our third city since we're not racing anyone to a spot and don't need a stragetic resource very fast. What do you think?

Are people reading our conversation or is this just for our own fun? crazyeye
I agree since we absolutely need GLH (fail gold would be terrible). I will adjust the micro.

Well it IS for our own fun, sure, but I don't mind the lurkers...otherwise I wouldn't post....the whole point is to expand the RB forums base. I really want lurkers to eventually play multiplayer on the RB forums, Civ IV deserves nothing less. Then again, I wouldn't be a CivFanatic otherwise. smile

I don't have a clear view on the micro plan right now, but shouldn't we grow to size 3 before the settler?