Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

(November 23rd, 2012, 01:24)Nakor Wrote: I don't have a clear view on the micro plan right now, but shouldn't we grow to size 3 before the settler?
No. Not only would we have to whip (thus ending up at sz 2 anyway...plus whip anger) but this delays SM by 1 turn (t39 settle instead of t38). Also would delay Meditation by 1t (t45 vs t44). I have some pretty good micro that gets us t58 GLH, t65 settler and t66 settler...still testing to see if I can speed it up. I'll post it once I finish (micro to t38 won't change).
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

I was able to improve GLH date to T57 with T64 settler. The settler after that probably delayed but we don't know yet if we will land an early religion (for border pop) so hard to test. SM micro will need to be worked out later. The micro...
Quote:T38 Sailing comp.; tech Meditation/Polytheism/Hunting (9t/11t/6t); chop finishes warrior; settle SM; wkr 2 moves 1 NW to PF and chops (FoF LH); SM builds warrior? working GF
T39 FoF warrior comp.; start LH; wkr 1 joins wkr 2 and finishes chop into LH
T40 FoF @ sz 3 : work fish+corn+lake; wkr 1 & 2 move to GHF 1 SE of FoF
T41 wkr 1 & 2 chop
T42 chop comp.; wkr 2 starts mining
T43 wkr 1 mines
T44 Meditation comp.; tech Hunting?; mine comp.; 1 pop whip LH; FoF works corn+fish+mine; wkr 1 moves to 1 NW of FoF
T45 LH comp.; start GLH; wkr 1 moves 1N and mines; wkr 2 moves 1E to PHF
T46 wkr 2 mines (7t)
T47 FoF @ sz 4 : work fish+corn+mine+PHF
T48 GH mine comp.; FoF works fish+2 mines+PHF
T49 wkr 1 moves to GF 1 NE of FoF
T50 wkr 1 chops
T52 PH mine comp.; chop comp.
T53 wkr 1 & 2 move to GF 1E of FoF and chop
T54 chop comp.; wkr 2 moves to GF 2S of FoF
T55 wkr 1 moves to join wkr 2; wkr 2 chops
T56 wkr 1 finishes chop into GLH
T57 GLH comp.; warrior in 1t
T58 FoF warrior comp.; FoF @ sz 5; settler in 6t
Savefile...
.zip   GLHt57.zip (Size: 132.88 KB / Downloads: 0)
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Great job, Jester!

Not a lot to do right now, so I just ended turn.
We'll post more pictures once something changes on our island.... we've got the scooter start from PB5...

Although we can't decide now, what is our preference for early religion? This assumes once Sailing comp., no religions have been founded (T38). Meditation would be T44, Polytheism would be T46. If we wanted to metagame (assuming our opponents go for quickest religion), Polytheism would be a safer bet...unless we get metagamed ourselves. Thoughts?

(November 21st, 2012, 12:04)CFCJesterFool Wrote: Hmm, looks like we'll most likely have contact from the north (possible from east as well)...
[Image: pb8t29.jpg]
The scout has 2/2 XP but can't promote...must be a RB mod change. Probably need to sentry scout somewhere north...maybe above one of the FPs?

Is this the same turn you got the xp?
You normally can't promote for a turn afterwards, I would say its the format of PB messing with you (have you played PB before?) rather then an RBMod change.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(November 24th, 2012, 15:08)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Is this the same turn you got the xp?
You normally can't promote for a turn afterwards, I would say its the format of PB messing with you (have you played PB before?) rather then an RBMod change.
Ah that would explain it, yeah first PB. Thanks for the info.

T34 - still no religions yet. SM will want to work the unimproved crab tile to speed up Meditation by 1 turn (T43)...the warrior can wait. Ofc, still a few turns before we commit. Poly->Monotheism (if necessary) might be the safer route though (but longer tech path). This does assume nobody else has Masonry.

Yeah, I agree, Poly - Mono is the way to go.
I don't think others will have much more tech. We'll have to adjust our plans as the game moves along (techwise).
As long as we'll have Pottery once TGL finishes...

And another turn gone.
While we wait for the settler to finish, Plako is the first to a second city.
Guess he does better then in PB5... cool

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0378.jpg]

Settler will be done next turn, Sailing in 2 turns.
We're getting somewhere.