I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

(December 2nd, 2012, 15:56)Nakor Wrote: Let's keep our fingers crossed... just 3 more turns...

I did some thinking... our third city should be a coastal production city to get a zillion WB's and military out fast...

Techwise, Hunting - AH - Pottery (if we get a religion and maybe even if we don't get a religion).
Feels strange not to get those financial cottages down as fast as possible, but financial is a bit nerfed...
Yeah, we need a production site badly. I wouldn't worry about cottages yet. Working coast tiles actually pretty good early on (because of financial nerf to riverside cottage tiles). I have played the sandbox a few times now (~1800 AD) and with the land we have, to have any production at all, we're going to need workshops. Slavery really isn't that good of an option with the RB mod nerf to it.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

FoF can become a nice production site. Mines are a bit better in the long run in the RB mod.

Not sure about your suggested 3rd city site since it has no food. Maybe the silver site is better for quick production and happy is we get a religion. Up north are no good production sites, so whipping will be needed...

(December 3rd, 2012, 15:56)Nakor Wrote: FoF can become a nice production site. Mines are a bit better in the long run in the RB mod.

Not sure about your suggested 3rd city site since it has no food. Maybe the silver site is better for quick production and happy is we get a religion. Up north are no good production sites, so whipping will be needed...
Silver site is better. We might need to chop out a monument though (but I am fine with that). In the test games I built no monuments...sometimes religion spreads quickly, other times it took awhile. Ofc, no religion we have to chop out a monument. I assume we want the silver city to have both crab. Sure be nice if we had more land based food.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

I never go early religion in single player (Deity AI always gets there first) so tbh, actually had a case of the jitters waiting to see if we could land an early religion. Sigh of relief...
[Image: pb8t45a.jpg]
FoF whipped LH into GLH so if everything goes well, GLH will be complete T57. The demos...
[Image: pb8t45.jpg]

Whoot! dancing

Well, that part of the plan worked!
Now let's wait and see if we can get TGL as well.

Let's settle silver city third for more production and then expand northwards.
FoF will be a nice hammer pump as well.

Tech path: Hunting - AH - Pottery - Mono?

(December 5th, 2012, 01:49)Nakor Wrote: Whoot! dancing

Well, that part of the plan worked!
Now let's wait and see if we can get TGL as well.

Let's settle silver city third for more production and then expand northwards.
FoF will be a nice hammer pump as well.

Tech path: Hunting - AH - Pottery - Mono?
Silver city third, yep. I really like Hunting->AH->Pottery->Mono...tested it quite a bit. smile

In case you get the urge...the updated sandbox (we have Islam instead of Hindu - only way to give us a religion without messing anything up)...
.zip   sandbox-eot 45.zip (Size: 115.6 KB / Downloads: 0)

Looking good!

Well, we've got a barb warrior... guess we might change our tech path to include Archery if we don't have horses.
And our third city might be a horses city before silver... Interesting choices...

T47 Demos...
[Image: pb8t47.jpg]

We're playing our own game here and miss all the known tech bonusses... so we need to get a scouting WB out there...

Feel free to end turn. I tried to log in at the same time you where there and have to go to work now.

T48 demos...
[Image: pb8t48.jpg]
Production is okay but that comes at the expense of food. Really hurts having so much seafood. One civ already has a size 6 city (no other religions have been founded yet) which means they already have a early happy resource hooked up. We'll need to aggressively spam settlers once GLH completes (keeping fingers crossed) because we are falling behind. FoF...
[Image: pb8t48a.jpg]
FoF is a good candidate to get out a scouting WB since Crabs Galore can only whip and we need this city at sz 2 or 3 asap to spam the workers we'll need. We could, however, use the WB that will be whipped out of Crabs Galore next turn to scout. The trade off is it delays Crabs Galore's growth. Tough call but I'd think waiting on the scouting WB probably better.