For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

Someone got Buddhism this turn (after I logged in earlier) who hadn't played the turn yet. Interesting...Meditation IS the shortest route to Priesthood, Oracle run maybe? It wasn't Slowcheetah or Scooter who landed Buddhism since they haven't gone yet.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Yes, a scouting WB will have to wait untill after TGL.

We're having a slow start, but that is due to our TGL and Religion run. We should be able to get back in the rest once we've pushed expansion. It's a NTT game, and with TGL and Financial we should be able to work our way towards a tech lead.

Plan looks good! We could use a bit more military, though... always those choices...[/u]

(December 9th, 2012, 01:14)Nakor Wrote: Plan looks good! We could use a bit more military, though... always those choices...
Barbs won't be a problem. Warriors will work just fine (Monarch barbs are pitiful). The scouting WB is crucial though and we probably want two. Not really for the navigation bonus (although welcome), but to find any player(s) who is (are) close to us. We definitely need archers and metal units (need IW) to defend against our human opponents. Chariots (assuming we have horses) by themselves won't cut it.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Our enemies will have to come with Galley's, so no worries there for quite some time. Chariots should be good against barbs, but I agree, IW is also on our to do list... Then again, we're only at T50....

What are our plans for Crabs Galore? WB - Settler?

(December 9th, 2012, 15:59)Nakor Wrote: What are our plans for Crabs Galore? WB - Settler?
Once the WB completes, Crabs Galore will be @ sz 3 working 2 crab + improved sheep (10 food hammers) so workers are 6t and settlers are 10t. FoF can build settlers in 5-6t. What seems to work best (so far in testing) is to have FoF slow build settlers early on (plus WBs and units) while Crabs Galore whips workers (1 pop) into granary/lighthouse since growth from sz 2 to sz 3 is quick and Grabs Galore has few hammers to slow build the infrastructure. I'll put up some sample micro later today. Once AH is finished researching (and we know if we have to tech Archery or not), I can work out more fine tuned micro...a lot depends on whether we can go The Wheel->Pottery after AH.

Thought about it a little more and Crabs Galore definitely should go settler after the WB. Sample micro...
Quote:T52 chop comp.; mine comp.

T53 wkr 1 & wkr 2 move to GF 1E of FoF and chop

T54 chop comp.; wkr 2 moves to GF 2S of FoF

T55 wkr 1 moves to join wkr 2; wkr 2 chops; FoF - work fish+corn+GH mine+PH mine and grow this turn;
>> CG @ sz 2 - work crab+sheep; growth in 6t; WB in 6t

T56 AH comp.; research TW next (Archery?); wkr 1 finishes chop; FoF @ sz 5 - work fish+lake+2 GH mines+PH mine

T57 FoF - GLH comp.; build scouting WB (2t); wkr 1 & wkr 2 move to sheep

T58 wkr 1 & wkr 2 pasture sheep

T59 scouting WB starts exploring; pasture comp.; FoF - build warrior; work fish+2 lake+GH mine+PH mine;
>> CG - work sheep+GH mine to finish WB this turn (still grows in 2t)

T60 TW comp.; research Pottery next; wkr 1 moves 1S to GF and chops; wkr 2 road/cancel; FoF - work fish+lake+2 GH mines+PH mine;
>> CG - move WB to crab; work crab+sheep and grow this turn; build LH

T61 FoF - switch lake to corn; warrior comp.; settler in 6t; wkr 2 joins wkr 1 and completes chop into CG settler;
>> CG @ sz 3 - work 2 crab+sheep; switch build to settler (10t, 8t after chop)

T64 Pottery comp.; research Monotheism? next; FoF - 2 pop whip settler into granary

T65 FoF settler moving to settle (horse?? or silver)

T66 CG - 1 pop whip settler into granary

T67 CG settler moving to settle (silver or ???)

T52...GLH getting closer...[Image: pb8t52.jpg]

The demos...
[Image: pb8t52a.jpg]
Still only Hinduism (us) and Buddhism (???) founded. I wonder who is going to go for the Oracle. We'll be busy expanding and won't have any forests left anyway. lol

And we're back online. Just 4 more turns. Keep your fingers crossed!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0379_zpsb14769bd.jpg]

We're getting closer!