Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

Wow! Looks like an interesting start!
Mysticism and Mining for starting techs, though...
The possitive is that we don't need a worker pronto. But what do we build then?
Need Fishing to build WB's... Time to get some warriors/scouts out?
Tech Fishing? Or maybe go for a very fast religion?
Settle in place seems a sure thing...

Time to do some thinking and maybe analyzing our opponents.

What a terrible start. Scout 2 NW. Settle 1 SE on sugar. Tech path Fishing->Mining->BW. Build Worker->switch to wb once Fishing researched->time worker completion so worker finished 1 turn prior to BW researched. Chop WBs. Very slow start...yuck. Engineering rush off the table from the start (absolutely need Fishing). Did I say yuck?
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

(October 27th, 2012, 12:09)Nakor Wrote: Wow! Looks like an interesting start!
Mysticism and Mining for starting techs, though...
The possitive is that we don't need a worker pronto. But what do we build then?
Need Fishing to build WB's... Time to get some warriors/scouts out?
Tech Fishing? Or maybe go for a very fast religion?
Settle in place seems a sure thing...

Time to do some thinking and maybe analyzing our opponents.
Fast religion not optimal...we can easily get a later religion. We don't have Mining btw (thanks RB MOD), we have The Wheel (worthless in this case) instead. SIP is not what I'd do. It kills a forest (chop for wb) and we can't work all the food anyway so need to split the food into 2 cities. Settle on sugar gives 3F 1H 1C which compares favorably to 4F 1C when improved (but needs Calendar - long ways off). In this case, the extra food early makes for a faster start.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

The starting tile is a plains hill, right?
Don't know why we shouldn't settle there. Unless the scout reveals something more interesting.

(October 27th, 2012, 15:28)Nakor Wrote: The starting tile is a plains hill, right?
Don't know why we shouldn't settle there. Unless the scout reveals something more interesting.
No it's a green hill...which means not a 2h tile when settled. Doesn't matter though...we're getting a new start. lol

Ok, let's wait and see then!

(October 27th, 2012, 04:50)CFCJesterFool Wrote:
(October 27th, 2012, 03:50)Qgqqqqq Wrote: How do you do an engineering rush?
Typically by bulbing. You have GS method (avoid Fishing) and also can use GEs. Basically, you bulb MC/Machinery/(CS if you can get a GProphet)/Engineering and attack w/ Mace/treb ~100 AD. Much easier to pull off w/ a Philosophical leader. Ironically, Gandhi would be a perfect leader for this type of rush (even on Deity believe it or not).

Oh engineering rush!
I was wondering how you intended to take people out with pikes. bang
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5703.JPG]
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Cooked up a sandbox...
.zip   Nakor BC-4000.zip (Size: 53.94 KB / Downloads: 5)

Pretty sure SIP->Fishing->Mining->BW. Same worker/build micro. Time to play around for awhile. smile

(October 28th, 2012, 06:53)CFCJesterFool Wrote: Cooked up a sandbox...

Pretty sure SIP->Fishing->Mining->BW. Same worker/build micro. Time to play around for awhile. smile

Nice!

Assuming the scout reveals nothing spectacular, SIP for sure. I'm too lazy to play around with sandboxes, but my intuition would be Fishing->Mining->BW as well.

Shall we move the scout SE onto that forested hill?
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller