I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

(October 28th, 2012, 13:45)Tatan Wrote: Shall we move the scout SE onto that forested hill?
I wouldn't. I'd move 1NW. The reasoning behind this is because the capitol won't be able to work all the food until we can boost the happy cap. We definitely want to work the corn so finding out if we can get a city close by that can share the corn beats exploring forest...that can wait imo. Still testing but early Writing looks pretty good. The capitol can easily run 2 scientists...nice start but slow. Anyway back to testing. smile
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

After my initial testing, worker first is terrible...too many useless roads and delays BW which is sorely needed to get the seafood online (plus tech boost from the commerce). Sample micro follows...
Quote:T0 que warrior; work GF (2F1H); Research Fishing (7t)
T5 borders expand; work corn (3F)
T7 Fishing comp.; Research Mining (8t)
T9 Sz 2; work corn (3F) + lake (2F 3C)
T10 warrior complete (no OF); que worker (15t)
T14 Mining comp.; Research BW (12t); worker comp. in 11t
T25 worker comp.; que WB; BW in 1t
We'll have a slow start but tech wise we'll do just fine. Mobility doesn't allow worker to move to hill and chop same turn so worker needs to complete before BW to be in place to chop immediately (we want to improve mines first). We can move to non-hill forests and chop same turn though. Thoughts?
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Looks good. Have you tested with Agriculture earlier to get the corn improved?

(October 29th, 2012, 01:11)Nakor Wrote: Looks good. Have you tested with Agriculture earlier to get the corn improved?
No I haven't. The problem is corn is only a 5 yield tile (5f) whereas fish is an 8 yield tile (5f 3c). After improving corn, the worker would have nothing to do but road for quite some time (zero commerce until Fishing). I don't see the point in roading every tile in the BFC. If there were 2 corn (or corn in combination w/ wheat), I'd be inclined to go Agri first and settler at sz 2.

Having said that, it is a good idea to test it out...I just didn't have time. Later today I'll play around w/ the sandbox a little more. Feel free to do so yourself (I did provide the sandbox after all). You have the final say in any event. smile

I'll do some sandboxing tonight or tomorrow morning.
Thanks for making the sandbox, Jester!

We're a democracy as far as I'm concerned, so your vote is a good as mine. smile

Looks pretty optimal to me after some runs. bow
Not a lot more to do then, is there?

What do we do after this? Chop a WB, tech Agri, farm the corn, build another warrior, grow to size 3/4 before chop/whipping a a settler? We can 2-pop whip then.

If we mine the hill next to the corn, we can move onto the corn to farm almost straight afterwards. Or we can chop first.

(October 29th, 2012, 15:55)Nakor Wrote:

Looks pretty optimal to me after some runs. bow
Not a lot more to do then, is there?

What do we do after this? Chop a WB, tech Agri, farm the corn, build another warrior, grow to size 3/4 before chop/whipping a a settler? We can 2-pop whip then.

If we mine the hill next to the corn, we can move onto the corn to farm almost straight afterwards. Or we can chop first.
I did test further (Agri->Pottery->Writing after BW) but who knows if we have copper. Agri after BW is a nobrainer. Might need to look for horses or tech Archery if no copper after that though. I think I had corn+fish+clam improved for 10t settler but didn't whip. I am not sure on the exact micro just yet...trying different things still but I'll post when I find something I like.

And the game has started!
I send the password in a private message to the both of you.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0368.jpg]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0369.jpg]

Moved the scout NW, following Jester's suggestion and found a hut.
Settled our Capital in place and found some more land.
Somehow we met Qin...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0370.jpg]

And the settings:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0371.jpg]

Didn't end turn, but feel free to do so once you've taken a look.

Looked at the game although I didn't end the turn (in case Tatan wants a looksee). Looks like commerce won't be a problem, unfortunately not a lot of hammers to be seen just yet. There is a suspicious spot 1 SW of the sheep. Possible resource? I'd have the scout grab the lucky hut and then proceed 1 NW? Hard to really tell with the forests blocking our view. Have the scout circle clockwise. The warrior eventually could scout the immediate area south or we could just wait for 2nd border pop.

I had a look around, and went ahead and ended the turn. I hope we have as much food elsewhere in the area as we do in our capital! There's not too much production, but we have plenty of trees to chop early game, and it looks like we have plenty of workshopable grassland tiles. Judging by the snow on the trees, we're probably at the southern (maybe southwestern) edge of a continent--hopefully isolated enough for a peaceful farmer's gambit!

Re: scout move, grabbing the hut and then moving 1NW or N seems best, yeah.

Anyway, on to more important things--naming themes! You guys have any bright ideas?
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller