I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

Let's get a tech out of that hut....

The hut gave us 44 gold.
It will help us teching, but a tech would have been nice.

Scouting revealed:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0372.jpg]

And Demo's:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0373.jpg]

Ended turn.

I think we should scout eastwards.

East is good. Who knows, maybe we'll run into another money hut. lol
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Ask and ye shall recieve...
[Image: pb8t5.jpg]
Our border pop revealed a nice settler/worker pump nearby...
[Image: pb8t5a.jpg]
All in all, not bad land. Happiness will be a problem but we have some good food sites that can run scientists until we can tech Monarchy (wines so far being the only happiness resource). After grabbing the hut, scout could move S down the coast to determine best eastern city site (we want to grab as much lake as possible) and hopefully reveal more seafood. Other option would be to explore N/NW. I normally try to scout immediate surroundings before making contact (in BTS). Since we can't even open borders until Alphabet in RBMod, making contact seems even less of a priority. I could be wrong though.

That huts for you Nakor...I am updating the sandbox before bed and I'll add in the hut results after you play. Haven't ended turn yet but probably will in a few hours. Good luck. Agri or Hunting would be a dream result. smile
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Ended turn. Demos...
[Image: pb8t5b.jpg]
Sandbox ready for hut result. Keeping my fingers crossed. Gogo Nakor. (on a side note...yeah I am pretty good with worldbuilder...wouldn't be a civfanatic without that particular skill now would I.) cool

We got lucky:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0374.jpg]

Not what we needed, but it's a tech! dancing
And it might open up possible wonders if we have Marble/Stone somewhere close.
Moved the scout E and marked where I think he should move next to scout our southeast.
Fishing will come in next turn.

And the demo's. Funy to see an opponent with 0 soldiers...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0375.jpg]

Scout movement good. I'd think move to landbridge sign next.
[Image: pb8t7b.jpg]
And now, confusion sets in. The actual game...
[Image: pb8t7.jpg]
The sim...
[Image: pb8t7a.jpg]
In a nutshell, SP RB Mod works as advertised (start w/ The Wheel+Mysticism) but multiplayer defaults to normal starting techs (Mining+Myticism)...at least in this particular case. Not sure how to handle this i.e. report this in the tech thread or what? No way would I consider restarting...too much hassle. Updated sandbox will be posted a little later (real bad hangover right now).

Updated sandbox...
.zip   sandbox-eot 7.zip (Size: 72.57 KB / Downloads: 0)

Going to need to fix the micro since we don't need to research Mining.

Edit:

Updated micro till BW in...
Quote:T9 FoF grows to sz 2; work corn + lake
T10 warrior comp.; start worker (12t); work corn + GF; BW completes in 13t
T22 worker comp.; start WB (8t); work corn + PH; move worker to PH
T23 BW in; tech Agri next (9t); adopt Slavery; whip WB into WB (5 OF); work corn; worker chops (3t)
I actually have further micro but that assumes we settle 3S of FoF to help with settling parties. Also depends on if we have copper close enough to settle. A quick second settler would probably be a good idea if that is the case.

(November 5th, 2012, 17:57)CFCJesterFool Wrote: In a nutshell, SP RB Mod works as advertised (start w/ The Wheel+Mysticism) but multiplayer defaults to normal starting techs (Mining+Myticism)...at least in this particular case. Not sure how to handle this i.e. report this in the tech thread or what? No way would I consider restarting...too much hassle. Updated sandbox will be posted a little later (real bad hangover right now).

Uh, I think we definitely have to say something, [STRIKE]especially since it appears we got Mining in addition to the Wheel and Mysticism[/STRIKE]EDIT: just kidding, my eyes were playing tricks on me, we definitely only have Mining/Myst. That's a really weird problem, too... maybe it's related to something the mapmaker did? huh
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Hello mr lion...
[Image: pb8t8.jpg]
Demo screen...
[Image: pb8t8a.jpg]
If the scout survives (which it should), where to next? Head east along coast? Settling on the tile the lion is on is a decent city site. Pretty happy so far about the land we can expand into (albeit hammer poor and happy poor). Early Monarchy looking pretty good.