For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

Moving SE-SE looks best if we survive.
I'll make a post in the tech thread.

(November 7th, 2012, 01:34)Nakor Wrote: Moving SE-SE looks best if we survive.
I'll make a post in the tech thread.
Tatan already did. Consensus was keep playing. smile
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

The scout survived. More clams...so close and so far away...
[Image: pb8t9.jpg]
Logical next move for scout would be to hug coast. Interesting demos...
[Image: pb8t9a.jpg]
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Deity wet dream...small compact cities w/ plenty of overlap. Scout move reveals...
[Image: pb8t10.jpg]
Since it is only Monarch, 2nd city definitely needs to be settler/worker pump city (ie 3S of FoF). On Deity, I would definitely look to block off N first or if copper revealed, settle that first. Here, barbs are a joke so settler pump higher priority. The demos clearly indicate farmer's gambit for the other players (ofc I knew that quite a bit ago)...
[Image: pb8t10a.jpg]
All this means is that we don't have to worry about pillage choke nonsense just yet (really only effective on smaller maps).

Took a look ingame.
Do we need to work the clams/lake for 1 or 2 turns to make sure BW / Worker will finish in time?
Someone needs to do the maths.. dont't have the time today.

How about lettng the scout heal?

(November 8th, 2012, 01:43)Nakor Wrote: Took a look ingame.
Do we need to work the clams/lake for 1 or 2 turns to make sure BW / Worker will finish in time?
Someone needs to do the maths.. dont't have the time today.

How about lettng the scout heal?
Hi hi Nakor. Micro already set. Getting BW more than 1t before worker pointless...we can't even build roads. frown I already did the maths but checked again because you wanted to be sure. (I do make mistakes so keep questioning) Remember, we already worked the lake for 1 turn at size 2...we need to work the GF to have BW come in 1 turn after worker complete...ideal micro considering improving mine is what we want to do (after chop).

Scout doesn't need to heal just yet imo. The scout can heal once inside cultural borders...always remember spawnbusting rule...ie. barbs won't spawn in 5x5 area (equidistant) from tile unit is on. There is almost no chance a barb pops once the scout moves to the GH (because of unit vision).

The hangover is never fun (ie. I eat crow)...
[Image: pb8t11.jpg]
Whipping worker on t20 has FoF at sz 2 1 turn earlier...big micro fail on my part. Four Loko ftw? To be fair, I never tested whipping worker...did now obviously. frown

Whipping was never an option with BW miles away.
Do you think it's worth it? Speeding up tech to whip the worker?
We do need to revolt for a turn...

(November 8th, 2012, 13:57)Nakor Wrote: Whipping was never an option with BW miles away.
Do you think it's worth it? Speeding up tech to whip the worker?
We do need to revolt for a turn...
Lucky for us...we're Mansa (so no anarchy). See what you think about this micro (haven't been drinking) lol
Quote:T11 - T18 : work corn + lake
T19 work corn + GF (extra hammer gets settler 1t sooner but doesn't delay BW); BW in 1t
T20 BW comp.; tech Agri next; adopt Slavery (no anarchy); whip worker into WB (15 OF); work corn
T21 worker comp.; WB in 15t; wkr moves to PH (best yield)
T22 wkr chops (3t)
T24 chop comp.; WB in 1t
T25 WB moves to fish; wkr mines (4t); WB in 21t
T26 work fish
T27 FoF @ sz 2; work fish + corn
T28 mine comp.
T29 Agri comp.; tech The Wheel next (8t); wkr moves 1 SW and chops (3t)
T30 work fish + lake (speed up The Wheel by 2t - doesn't delay growth)
T31 FoF @ sz 3; work fish + lake + mine; chop comp.; WB 40/30 hammers
T32 work fish + crab + mine; settler in 9t; wkr moves 1 SW and chops (3t) {10 hammers for settler}
T34 chop comp.
T35 The Wheel comp.; tech ? (e.g. Pottery); wkr moves 1 NE and roads (2t)
T36 road comp.
T37 wkr moves 1 NW and roads (2t); whip settler into warrior
T38 road comp.; move settler
T39 found city (instant trade route)
I tried improving corn but quicker to just whip. We would still want to tech Agri though and would need The Wheel regardless. Worker micro could be changed but we would want to improve the PH mine. The chops after can come from anywhere really. I also assumed we did not have copper close, otherwise we would want to settle the copper...and that would mean the micro would need to change a bit (resulting in 2t faster settler but delayed road to city site). Anyway, just something to start thinking about. smile

Looks good, Jester!

We might want a second worker before a second WB.
How about chopping out a second worker, then a warrior, then chop-whip settler and then build a second WB?

Ended turn.