Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

I think it would be worth it to go for it.
We can delay TGL a few tuns imo, T60 would be quite an achievement!
Remember that the other teams need to tech Masonry as well as Fishing/Sailing.

Guess I'll do a few test runs tomorrow myself. Key is not to hamper expansion to much by building an early wonder.
We need to get that scout up north fast to see what is there and plan expansion there.

Tatan, what do you think? Another TGL?

YOLO let's do it.

Even though GLH got nerfed in RBmod, it should still be worth it once we found a city on one of those 1-tile islands for the intercontinental trade routes.
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

T17 demos...
[Image: pb8t17.jpg]
If no one else does, I'll end turn in a couple of hours. The scout is currently 0.6/1 HP. Might be worth sending the scout N in a turn or two. Thoughts? Do we fully heal or try for quicker scouting?

Updated sandbox...
.zip   sandbox-eot 17.zip (Size: 84.36 KB / Downloads: 2)
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

And another turn went by.
Let's heal the scout before moving him out again.

BW will be done next turn, so we'll see if we have some copper nearby...

I think we're doing extremely well for the first few turns.
Hope to have some time to play with the sandbox in a few hours.

Very important turn. The demos tell why...
[Image: pb8t19.jpg]
We are first to BW but unfortunately we don't have copper. I chose to work the lake this turn. We trade 1 OF hammer for extra commerce. The WB still comes out T24 and the second worker T30. However, our tech rate will be slightly higher and since we don't have copper this is better than 1 hammer. The tech path I favor is Agri (mandatory)->Sailing (gogo GLH)->Hunting. This would give us the option of Archery or AH to discover horses afterwards. I'd lean towards Archery but the facts on the ground will determine whether we feel threatened or not.

I did not end turn just yet. Merovech is having problems logging in (RE tech thread) and we might need a pause anyway so we are in no hurry to end turn.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

(November 12th, 2012, 08:01)Nakor Wrote: And another turn went by.
Let's heal the scout before moving him out again.

BW will be done next turn, so we'll see if we have some copper nearby...

I think we're doing extremely well for the first few turns.
Hope to have some time to play with the sandbox in a few hours.
I agree on healing the scout fully (but I can see the arguments for moving out sooner). I'm not a C&D expert (really a weakness in my game) but from what I can tell, we had a pretty good start (considering our traits/starting techs).

EDIT: SP Deity fun...Absolute Zero
I look up to this guy...he's that good.

Agri - Sailing is a given. Then we go either Pottery or Hunting first. We need hunting to pasture the sheep and it leads to AH to show us where our horses are. But Pottery gives us early cottages to grow bigger.
Then again, we'll be whipping and working hammers/food untill TGL is finished, so Hunting is probably the better option.
We should try to get a settler out before we finish TGL to get to 3 (coastal) cities.
I believe we do have the time. Our tech rate is pretty good.

One thing... if we use the WB on the clams SW of FoF, our second city can work that tile for growth as well. Is than an option?

Ended turn.

(November 12th, 2012, 18:09)Nakor Wrote: Agri - Sailing is a given. Then we go either Pottery or Hunting first. We need hunting to pasture the sheep and it leads to AH to show us where our horses are. But Pottery gives us early cottages to grow bigger.
Then again, we'll be whipping and working hammers/food untill TGL is finished, so Hunting is probably the better option.
We should try to get a settler out before we finish TGL to get to 3 (coastal) cities.
I believe we do have the time. Our tech rate is pretty good.

One thing... if we use the WB on the clams SW of FoF, our second city can work that tile for growth as well. Is than an option?

Ended turn.
We'd have to make up at least 10 foodhammers...I am guessing that would be hard. It seems, so far at least, that whipping settler is not as good as just chopping settler. I whipped a second settler at sz 6 and we could do that into GLH (earlier tests were after GLH). I chopped out a WB for the crabs with the forest that wouldn't help much (outside FoF BFC) on GLH. Having said that, I'll do a test to see what impact crab vs fish would make.

Comparison so far...

FISH : (/ second test with different micro)
T38 Settle
T49 Settler / T48 Settler
T67 Settler / T65 Settler
T66 GLH - settler in 4t / T68 GLH - settler in 7t

CRAB :
T39 Settle
T51 Settler
T67 Settler
T68 GLH - settler in 7t

Probably need to test crab some more but it is looking like fish is going to be faster. Growing FoF onto the mines ASAP will definitely yield quicker GLH. The second fish test, I focused more on quicker settlers. The problem it seems is borrowing food from FoF delays growth onto the mines. The new city does fine with WB (chop)->Monument(whip)->WB.

Tested crab a few more times and unless I screwed up, fish is better. You are able to get a 3rd settler 1-2t quicker (2nd and 4th later) but GLH will be later.

Except that we obviously would need a warrior for the settler (all tests have been without), I've gotten fish down to the following:
T38 Settle crab+sheep
T46 Settler from FoF
T67 GLH - settler in 7t; Settler from crab+sheep city

I'll do fine tuning (add the warrior lol ) and then post the micro for comments.