For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

RBP8 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(November 6th, 2012, 09:36)plako Wrote: Just play. Not big enough problem to rewind.

edit and reason for the glitch is that map must have been generated without the mod.

Also agree.

Also agree. There are probably more issues which we have not realized yet (someone else having the wrong techs?) but I think as long as everyone openly communicates those it is fine.

Btw: I will be away from 11th in the afternoon till the 13th in the evening. If some lurker would be willing to follow instructions and play the turns that would be great (shouldn't be more than giving 2-3 orders each turn - at most).

Yep, play on. Though I must wonder how it took you so many turns to notice what techs you had. :P

(November 6th, 2012, 13:58)scooter Wrote: Yep, play on. Though I must wonder how it took you so many turns to notice what techs you had. :P

Not everyone has the first 150 turns planned out before map rollout. rolleye

(November 6th, 2012, 13:50)Serdoa Wrote: Btw: I will be away from 11th in the afternoon till the 13th in the evening. If some lurker would be willing to follow instructions and play the turns that would be great (shouldn't be more than giving 2-3 orders each turn - at most).

As the resident Scout mover, I'll be happy to play the turns smile Unless there are objections of course

(November 9th, 2012, 12:13)yuris125 Wrote:
(November 6th, 2012, 13:50)Serdoa Wrote: Btw: I will be away from 11th in the afternoon till the 13th in the evening. If some lurker would be willing to follow instructions and play the turns that would be great (shouldn't be more than giving 2-3 orders each turn - at most).

As the resident Scout mover, I'll be happy to play the turns smile Unless there are objections of course

I played this turn but I'll be out of town tomorrow the 10th and will be back the same evening. I posted directions in my thread if I'm holding things up so to any lurker, feel free to move my scout to the targeted tile. I should be home by 1 AM GMT so if no one has played for me by then I'll play it then.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(November 9th, 2012, 12:13)yuris125 Wrote:

Thank you yuris. As there are no objections it seems, I have left notes in my thread what to do the next few turns. I think I will be able to play myself (if everything works as I was told) but if not, please play them for me.

Hi guys,

i'm now having problems logging into the game. everytime i try it tells me that the save file is protected to prevents assets being changed and it then boots me out. it sounds a bit like the problems some people had when we tried to start but i've already played 16 turns with no trouble... any ideas?

Just checked and I got in fine so it's on your end. That problem actually sounds just like Merovech's problem.

Couple things:
1) Restart your computer if you haven't already. It's dumb but it fixes the problem sometimes. lol
2) Have you changed anything about civ since the last time you logged in successfully? Changed any settings? Added any mods? Played any other games? As much info as you can give would help.

Have you made any changes to any map generation files? My installation did that last night just cause I added a new map generation script; when I removed it it worked fine again.