For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

RBP8 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Game seems to be down, PM-ed Sunrise.

I'm pretty ill right now and won't stay up any longer to see if the game goes back up. If time runs out and I haven't played my turn, please be so kind to pause, as I might not be able to play before tomorrow 1600 GMT.

(November 15th, 2012, 16:10)Serdoa Wrote: I'm pretty ill right now and won't stay up any longer to see if the game goes back up. If time runs out and I haven't played my turn, please be so kind to pause, as I might not be able to play before tomorrow 1600 GMT.

how does one pause the game?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Windows users: press the pause key (often shares the key with Break), if you have a laptop there may be a function key that has to be pressed to enable the pause key.

Mac users: find a windows civ player who can pause or unpause for you.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(November 15th, 2012, 16:37)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Mac users: find a windows civ player who can pause or unpause for you.

Best feature ever!

Yep, game crashed, unknown reason.

Reloaded to CFCJesterFool's login, 16 hours to go. I think all the logins shown in civstats after that point are phantoms.

FYI - many (all?) recent PMs sent to me about IT issues have not come through. When/if the game goes down try to email me at my gmail if you can.

Thanks for getting us back up sunrise.

As I stay home today I've played my turn, so no need to pause for me. There are 11+ hours on the clock left and only a handful of players haven't played so I assume we should be fine.

Can someone log in and give Thoth a pause? I see we are under an hour for the turn

I grabbed it, sorry Thoth had played but hadn't ended turn. I'm out of town so he's covering some of these until Sunday; fortunately, I'm able to look in from time to time, this was one of them.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Hey all, sorry for the long turn there, thought the turn was ended but I guess not. We're rolling again. smile