I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP8 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Ok, the EP thing is a big deal.

1) You get graphs really early. Normally you wouldn't even meet your first opponent for the first dozen turns or so, so you have that many extra turns to pile on 4ep/turn
2) Plako has contact with 2 people. I'm guessing each of those people have contact with only Plako. If that's the case, one of them or both of them will get EPs on him faster than he can spend in return... This means one person will get tech visiblity on Plako REALLY fast, or two people will get it not quite as fast, but much faster than should be possible. That's pretty significant.
3) Espionage is allowed, so the EPs are more valuable.

So I don't think there's any doubt we have to reload. The only question is what to do with the hut results that have happened already.

Well, we're 11 people, all with scouts. I think legitimate contacts will probably happen before the graphs become visible long-term(~10 turns). But if we restart, obviously I'd rather do the delete hut->give result thing, result is in my thread. But if someone popped a map, I understand that might be a lot of work (okay, five minutes) to recreate.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

scooter, I understand you, and I probably would agree if we had a completely balanced game 5-player-game. As it is random though and with 11 players, I just don't see it as that important. I also doubt that research visibility will be reached quite as fast as you make it sound (simply because it takes some time and long before they have reached it, there will be other targets to put EP on). And depending on which places of the world those players are I also think that the spy-missions won't be of relevance either. I mean it basically just starts the EP-game 10-15 turns earlier. Thats 60 EP. I have a hard time seeing that as "big deal".

That said I also don't feel strongly about it as it doesn't make a difference for me. But I want to not get this game delayed just to repair something as small as a 60 EP lead for some players. Especially if it takes us now several days till we can restart (which it might depending on Krills availability).

What's it with plako and cramped pitboss starts?

My understanding is we're reloading and krill will be able to send me the new file later today.

In any case I'll post here when the game is reloaded.

I just sent you the file sunrise, and thanks to everyone for being patient.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Restarted with Krill's new save. Obviously that means all players/teams must again grab their civ and play.

Thanks, Sunrise!

...and crud. Once more with feeling, we'll need another restart, think I got something extra.

Aztecs and Netherlands have scores of 30 points even though they haven't logged in?