I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP8 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Longshot. Delete the saves in the pitboss subfolder in the mygames folder (Mygames>BtS>Saves>Pitboss)
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(November 3rd, 2012, 15:00)scooter Wrote: Another thought. Merovech - have you ever gotten any error messages while joining the demogame? I know you said you can get in, but I'm curious if you get any mismatching file warnings or anything.

Also, can you try installing the Spanish mod and joining the ISDG? I'm curious if that works for you. That should narrow down if it's a problem with RB Mod installation specifically or if it's a problem with your setup that prevents you from joining Pitboss games with mods.

I've never had any problems at all with the demogame (besides having the wrong password the first time I logged in). Am I "allowed" to log onto the ISDG? I thought there was a specific list of people who could log in (unless that was just a list of people with the Spanish Mod). I, of course, wouldn't do anything while logged in.

(November 3rd, 2012, 15:01)Krill Wrote: Longshot. Delete the saves in the pitboss subfolder in the mygames folder (Mygames>BtS>Saves>Pitboss)

My pitboss saves folder is empty. I've never ended turn in a pitboss, but maybe this means something?
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Should be fine to login to it as long as you don't move things of course.

Mine is empty too, so it probably means nothing.

Welp, the dropbox link Sullla posted for the mod is down, so that option is out for now.
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

(November 3rd, 2012, 15:37)Merovech Wrote: Welp, the dropbox link Sullla posted for the mod is down, so that option is out for now.

The APT (Spanish) Mod is also linked here:

Caledorn Wrote:Game Server: caledorn.no-ip.org (or 178.17.156.11) (Default port 2056)
Civstats: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=2416
PlayYourTurn: http://www.playyourturn.com/?page_id=17&gameID=340

APTMod: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6355677/WebMod1_0.rar
APTMod Website: http://www.aptmod.com

I'll be sleeping, but if it gets close to the deadline and Merovech / Ad Hoc haven't gotten in yet could someone pause it for them?

(November 4th, 2012, 00:22)pindicator Wrote: I'll be sleeping, but if it gets close to the deadline and Merovech / Ad Hoc haven't gotten in yet could someone pause it for them?

ad hoc didn't tell me anything about not being able to play, so hopefully he can. That being said, it would be great if someone could pause if we get very close to the deadline, just in case.

I will check out that link, YossarianLives.

Hey guys, so it turns out we got Mining and Mysticism as our starting techs instead of the Wheel and Mysticism (which is what RBmod supposedly changed India to). The problem is especially weird because it seems that in SP, the starting techs work just fine. How should this be resolved? A restart seems silly at this point, but I guess we'll bow to the majority.
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Just play. Not big enough problem to rewind.

edit and reason for the glitch is that map must have been generated without the mod.

I agree with Plako.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.