I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

Turn 30

I don't like the way Hydra's scout is hanging around the pigs, so I'm completing the warrior this turn. It loses a worker turn, but I don't think it slows anything else down.

Other than that it was a boring turn...

Demos

Turn 31

Another boring turn, Jimmy is off to find Hydra

And Barnet has whipped out a worker

Demos

Hey there lurkers, would anyone like to play turns this Saturday and Sunday? I can put signs in game to follow or give you a copy of the micro spreadsheet (which might be harder to follow) or just try and write down all the changes needed point by point. Actually that last one will probably be best.

Let me know your email and I'll forward the save when I get it and give you Hydra's email to let you pass it on...

When are we going to be able to play Civ4 on our phones?

I think I could return the favor smile

Just leave clear instructions here or PM them to me. If something unexpected happens, well, then your opponents just have to wait..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Great, thanks Fintourist. I guess I'll have to work out what I'm doing now.

Turn 32

Barnet's borders pop straight away as Hinduism is founded. Being spiritual I might as well convert now.

The new worker gets to work on a chop straight away, his mate will join in next turn before going to pasture the cow. Meanwhile Kerry is having a look around.

Should have graphs on Serdoa next turn. I'm not sure who to spy on next, probably Azza since I've got EPs on him already.

Demos - look at that GNP! It helps that pottery has two pre-reqs and all the others have it already.

Turn 33

Jimmy meets a Hydra Quetcha. I think he'll run away. The land up here is nice - a city on either of these hills or 1E of the gems would be good. It's about half way between us - wonder who'll get there first? hammer

Whipped the settler in Altrincham, we'll start on two granaries once Pottery comes in next turn, then I'll need to work out a whipping schedule.

Demos

Turn 34

Jimmy runs from the Quetcha, I'd like to send him to the sign next turn, then on along the cost somewhere. So long as no-one is lying in wait.

The settler for Crewe is born in Altrincham. You'll see I've put signs up for the next couple of turns. Crewe will found next turn and then work the fish for a while before the chop finishes the work boat. In the mean time Altrincham and Barnet are growing while building granaries.

Victory screen, just for a change

Demos

Fintourist - I'll email instructions and password - thanks for helping out!

No problem! I have no major plans for this weekend that would cause big delays!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turns 35-37

Many thanks to Fintourist for looking after the save this weekend.

Over these turns Serdoa and I both settled our third cities, I'm pretty sure Serdoa founded Budhism and Hydra got Writing. I've got Priesthood and will have Writing in two turns, then Maths in another eight or so. I was thinking about trying to Oracle something silly like Currency, but I think Serdoa will have priesthood in two turns and has probably got chops set up to give him metal casting straight away. So I'll just concentrate on getting some more settlers and workers over the next few turns. If he doesn't get priesthood next I'll be tempted to try for the Oracle though...

Jimmy discovers that Hydra didn't settle for the pig first, so presumably he went to the copper straight away. I'll see if we can see anything from the hill here.

I'm going to whip a worker in Altrincham in a couple of turns, so the overflow completes the granary. Then perhaps slow build a warrior or library to grow to size 6 then whip a settler for the horse site. Barnet will whip it's granary in four turns. After that it'll grow to size 6 really quick. The Crewe work boat will complete with the chop next turn. I haven't worked out if Crewe or Darlington will then use the fish though...

Should get Azza's graphs in 3~4 turns

Demos

ps is anyone else having trouble with dropbox?