Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

yes, they're dancing for me
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Oi, so they are! I tried refreshing the page after making the post and that didn't work so they probably reset somehow when I opened up the browser again this time.

(November 19th, 2012, 22:38)Cornflakes Wrote: Yay resource bubbles! dancingtwirldancing

I was tempted to take a look at your sandbox BUT nono I have a paper to write so I had to resist shakehead

You know you want to...
nod mischief nod mischief nod mischief nod

I'll put up the microplan when I've got it tidy enough to read. I'm sure you can make improvements...

Turn 2

Not much to report. Where Jimmy is standing might make a good city:

And I forgot to mention last time that the settings give the name of this game as "PBEM46WithMoreLethalSurprises" - should I be worried?

Demos:

But! After I end turn the borders pop and look at that! yikes

Mmmmm tasty tasty pigdancing

Also some more, post-turn-flip Demos, for comparison with next turn:

Turn 3

I wonder if this is an island?

Demos:

Still haven't won yet:

Turn 4

Nothing happened

I promised a micro plan earlier, I can't guarantee that this is the most effective start, but I think it's got to be the most colourful:

I've had to adjust the tech by one beaker on t13 for some reason, otherwise the formula I've got seems to work - does making 15.6 beakers over two turns actually makes 31 beakers rather than the 30 that I'm assuming?

Anyway the important thing is the settler moves out on t22, the bad thing is that I've whipped back to size 1 and won't reach size 2 again until t25. But I won't finish the pasture until t24 so I have a feeling this is the better way to go.

Without whipping the best I can get the settler is about t25-6 - does four turns justify the whip at this stage?

Hmm.. I did not do any exact calculations, but I can't see what should be wrong with t13. You get 6 beakers overflow from BW, but that is converted into 5 beakers for hunting since hunting gets no pre-req bonus (6/1,2=5). Then you make 10 beakers and end up with 15.

I may have overcomplicated the formula a bit:
=floor(if(O3=P3,P7+O8,((O8-O5)+(O8-O5)*(P4*0.2-O4*0.2))+P7),1)+1

[Image: Microplan%20t4%20zoom.png]

Without the cheating +1 at the end I get 14 beakers...

I'm taking the overflow, O8-O5 = 6
Then working how many beakers should be added or removed from the overflow, (O8-O5)*(P4*0.2-O4*0.2) = 6*(-0.2)=-1.2
Then adding the two together = 4.8

huh

(November 22nd, 2012, 08:43)Old Harry Wrote: I may have overcomplicated the formula a bit:
=floor(if(O3=P3,P7+O8,((O8-O5)+(O8-O5)*(P4*0.2-O4*0.2))+P7),1)+1

[Image: Microplan%20t4%20zoom.png]

Without the cheating +1 at the end I get 14 beakers...

I'm taking the overflow, O8-O5 = 6
Then working how many beakers should be added or removed from the overflow, (O8-O5)*(P4*0.2-O4*0.2) = 6*(-0.2)=-1.2
Then adding the two together = 4.8

huh

I believe the formula is simply a bit off. You are calculating 6*0,8, which is different from 6/1,2. And the latter seems to be the right way of dealing with overflow-pre-req calculations.

So instead of comparing the amount of pre-reqs simply do the calculation in two steps:
1. Convert the overflow back to base beakers using old multiplers.
2. Adjust the base beakers with new multiplers.

I am by no means the expert in this topic though..