Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

I prefer white for t8 smile.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Since you are arriving in the pig area so early anyway you might as well go White for T8 and then switch to your Yellow T8 for T9 instead. If you have any hill to detour through you could even spend a couple more turns zig-zagging your way up east. As long as you get to the spot marked "t14" by turn 20 you should be able to see everything there is to see as far as sites that are close enough for your second city.

Just to confirm (since I haven't been paying attention line-by-line) you do not have a way to pop borders easily, right? So this city needs everything first-ring, which is why nothing to your north or west look particularly appealing ... If you were Creative then 4 N of your capital looks rather nice: Lots of forest to chop, a crab and farmable banana of it's own plus some lighthousable lake and a shared wheat.

The lurkers have it - I'll dawdle as much as possible... lol

You're right Cornflakes, as the only non-creative player (LegoHydra has the Terrace which amounts to the same thing) it's all got to be first ring stuff. The capital's borders will pop to allow city two (1S of the pigs I think) to get to the dye eventually, but I am going to be very restricted otherwise. This is why I'm thinking about religion before or just after pottery... None of the others are going to be as keen as me, but two of them start with Mysticism as well, so they could if they wanted...

In other news I've been trying to work out how Serdoa got two techs in two turns. If he had a GNP of 18 (10 beakers) for two turns then 19 (11 beakers) for 6 turns that makes a total of 86 beakers which should give him Fishing and Agriculture (I'm sure that he hasn't got any soldier points so it has to be one of these). Except that the second tech showed up on my turn 5:

I understand that his turn finishes before mine, so he'll have things from t6 as I play t5, but how could he have things from t7?

Turn 8

Another turn, another scouting plan...

Demos:

Turn 9

Moar scouting

Demos:

turn 10

I played before work this morning - we now have a worker and he's off to farm the wheat

Whilst our scout has uncovered cows that make the pig city even better...

demos

turn 11

Then when I got home this evening there was another save waiting for me! This is going to get exhausting!

The scout uncovers the rest of the lake. Not shown, but Altrincham is working the fur for two turns to get enough beakers to finish AH on t21 rather than t22.

Doing some fog-gazing with flying camera makes it seem like there isn't much space between us all. I wonder where the others are?

demos

That flying camera shot looks nice. I should learn how to do something like that myself.

Next topic: Do you think you could cover me for one turn in PBEM45? Practically it would mean playing one turn according to my instructions on next Monday.

Sure, no problem. I can play around 0900 GMT or 2000-2400 GMT.

I did look at Azza's thread during the first couple of rounds, so I can't make suggestions about the map or what he is up to (even though I've got no memory of what he wrote crazyeye ). But I can follow instructions no problem. Will you be emailable if anything odd comes up?

My gmail is rboldharry

For flying camera you need to enable it in the .ini file and then press CTRL+ALT+F in game to activate and deactivate. It's pretty hard to control, and some people think detailed fog-gazing is a bit of an exploit, but I don't think it gets banned much...

Thanks! I assume gmail? There should be no surprises by then (the game is still young and predictable), if anything odd comes up then my opponents can surely wait for one day, so no worries. I will give the instructions in my PBEM45 thread so I do not produce too much spam here..

EDIT: Yes, you wrote gmail.. lol

Turn 12

Welcome to the first of my famous drunked turns. Luckily I only had a couple and only had to move a scout and I don't think I screwed that up...

The farm on the wheat will finish next turn, then we'll grow in three turns while building a worker.

Demos: