I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Pitboss 11 Organizing Thread

Yeah they assign by default anyway.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I vote for Espionage on, no Spies/GSpy can only settle/lightbulb/GA(I guess Scotland Yard too?). I see no problem with assigning EPs: most games don't ban assigning them in any specific way so for Greens it'd be good to learn how they want to do so.

Well if there were any default mechanic which said you'll always get graphs without having to tweak EPs I'd be all for it.

But that's not going to work I take it, as if you only have your initial 4 EPs and meet 5 people, you're going to be not assigning EPs to someone. And it takes awhile to get enough up for graphs anyway.

:templerub:

I still don't see much of a problem with the standard. You can use the non-specific Demographics screen to get a general idea before graphs come up and it shouldn't take too long to get Graphs since you meet people one at a time, so you'll be putting all your EPs into them for a while and so on and so forth. Plus, a more standardized setting is good for if anyone after the game wants to try a non-Greens game.

I think that since this is a green game going with what is usually normal in a MP game would be good. I guees that way we learn more and be prepared for other games.

Btw I vote for huts/events off

teleh, I think you are going about this the wrong way. We don't want overly complicated rules that solve problems that were hardly problems in the first place. I think we should wait until we get teams set up before we start voting over setting, but I think we should play as close as possible to the base game. Perhaps we can vote on the standard RB balancing restrictions (eles, nukes, etc.) but crazy variant rules or the broken "No Espionage" option will not make for a fun game.

Yup, no probs guys and 'hollo' if I haven't said so before biggrin

Most things we decide on, I think, are not a big deal. Specifically, I think you're right Oxy, in that we don't need to decide on "too too much" right now. As mentioned in the initial post, I'll likely be running this game's pitboss server and therefore the start date will still be a few weeks from now at an estimate.

I am certainly trying to simplify things, not complicate them. It's just that there's a difference between 'complex ideas, simple gameplay', and 'simple ideas which make things complicated for inexperienced players'.

I was under the impression that this game was for people who are knew to civ 4 MP, not civ 4. The espionage system is relatively simple, especially with no spies. If that qualifies as too complicated, then wouldn't setting up an early growth curve or worker micro be far too complicated?

Yeah sure. Whenever I say 'inexperienced' please just assume I've said 'inexperienced in multiplayer'.

I have a lot of Civ experience but I can't say I've taken particular relish in going 'ah-HA AI.. I've just beaten you with my Micro skills!". At some point the AI becomes unrealistic because of its programmed cheats, and therefore, Multiplayer becomes something you (well, I), get interested in, and try to crank up a game about. Especially if I find a community of like-minded individuals who are generally pretty friendly-like and encouraging.

You can pretty much just not even bother touching Espionage in a non-Spy game and be fine.