For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Pitboss 11 Organizing Thread

This is regular, as in not fantasy-Civ?

I'm interested.

I'm fine with any map settings, as long as a team of !greens has a look and declares that any start position can win.
Would also be cool with a sort of random picks, leader + civ, and then being dealt a starting position to compensate/handicap.

Diplo - full, limited, AI or AW okay. Makes for 3 different games, but they could all be fun.

Tech - no trading.

Scout start? Or warrior for all. Or warrior & scout, used to that from fantasy-civ.

Quick speed.

Wait, PB10 is a greens' game?! I know my team is fairly green, but the others are at least intermediate, aren't they?

I'm interested, but I probably won't be able to play after about month and a half undecided

I'd prefer AI diplo; AW is kind of stressful and full diplo games seem to always end with hurt feelings and drama.

Similarly, scout start for all so that nobody gets walked in on (Mortiused? Or is plako the default after PB5?).

Any opinions on RBmod?
Playing: PB11
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

(May 1st, 2013, 10:28)Hesmyrr Wrote: I'm interested, but I probably won't be able to play after about month and a half undecided

Too bad.

Why? Getting married or getting baby?

There are some clever workarounds around either, just ask around, some of the more technically proficient guys can explain.

(May 1st, 2013, 10:59)Sisu Wrote: Any opinions on RBmod?

If it's not too hard to install, either way for me.

(May 1st, 2013, 10:15)TheHumanHydra Wrote: Wait, PB10 is a greens' game?! I know my team is fairly green, but the others are at least intermediate, aren't they?

I think he ment PB9 smile
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

What about spying? I used to hate late-game AI spies sabotaging my lovely spaceship in SP, even, a bit scared to think what devious RB-ers, green as they may be, might do.

I have a great idea, anyone who grows a great spy deletes it, but gets to read one other player's spoiler thread...
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

@ Molach
University stuff, I am bit younger than that of average RB user. lol
It also means this is the longest free period I could muster up for while. Suppose I'll restrict myself to random MP games that props up sometimes, I guess.

From the perspective of prospective lurker, I severely disagree with Great Spy idea since it encourages people to not update or at minimum, "hide" stuff. I know one of the reason people disliked Parkin's thread was his tendency to do that, and being able to read other player's spoiler thread encourages it a lot.

(May 1st, 2013, 15:49)Molach Wrote: What about spying? I used to hate late-game AI spies sabotaging my lovely spaceship in SP, even, a bit scared to think what devious RB-ers, green as they may be, might do.

I have a great idea, anyone who grows a great spy deletes it, but gets to read one other player's spoiler thread...

lol Espionage off I reckon. Think that means that EP builds and points get converted to culture which could be ok. Also I reckon the ability to see all other team demos all of the time would be a good intro to C&D.

Tech trading - either way, definitely no brokering, but maybe have the in-game setting on, and a no-TT rule? Notsure.

(May 1st, 2013, 16:19)teleh Wrote: Tech trading - either way, definitely no brokering, but maybe have the in-game setting on, and a no-TT rule? Notsure.

What's the point of having TT on but forbidding it?