I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Pitboss 11 Organizing Thread

Some opinions on this game, seem interested in joining:

I like the Scout/Settler start idea. Keeps Hunting starts from being bad and means no "walking into an empty capitol", which is good for a Greens game.

Espionage off by agreement. Espionage off setting causes major issues with the game and I think we all trust each other enough not to use Spies/GSpies for anything bad, right?

I don't think events should be on, since so many of them are gamechangers. I like huts on if Scout/Settler starts. I am neutral on if Barbs are on, will go with w/e you guys want.

I like the Turn Timer settings. I still hope to get a dedlurker in case of anything going wrong (If THH doesn't qualify, he could dedlurk me?).

I vote for standard snake format for leader picking. Who goes first chosen by random.org or something. (12344321)

Turn order seems fine. Recommend no actual rules on updating, but just saying it'd be nice if everyone kept on top of it.

No thoughts on map.

(May 4th, 2013, 00:14)NobleHelium Wrote: Everyone in that list looks eligible except maybe THH.

Great stuff, thanks Noble.

To Azza and Jowy - apology for being dismissive off the cuff. Actually I'm grain-fed on games you two have been involved in. Which made me presume you must have been in more than just a handful. "If you're'all still interested I'd be honoured". smile

Authorised by the Australian Government, Canberra. Jowy is not allowed Ballistaphants and Azza may not 'Play with Praets'. All rights reserved.

(May 4th, 2013, 00:25)teleh Wrote: To clarify on one of the leader options:

Player 1 picks a Civ. Civ Pick is posted publicly.
Player 2 gets to see the Civ pick and then picks a Civ. Also posted publicly. (etc)

After Civs are picked, Player 1 picks a leader. This is not posted or known by any other player. Other players follow the same route, except perhaps need to give a list of 3 leaders in case there's conflict.

...why exactly?
What advantage do you see over a tradititional snake pick?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Just to spice things up.

Edit: And here cometh the edit..
So that noob players have a decision to make after they see what Civs are picked. First player gets whatever Civ they want, second looks at that and goes 'well I think I can counter that with my Civ pick'.
Then leaders being blind would add a mysterious and unpredictable factor.

A traditional snake pick would probably be better for a Greens game, as it helps newer people get used to it and such and so? And people who need sharpening in it figure out how to best work it...

Apologies Kuro, I'm an edit fiend. However... not a big fan of tradition either.

Edit: Delighted to go with consensus, guarantee I'll push my own preferences.

(May 4th, 2013, 00:43)teleh Wrote:
(May 4th, 2013, 00:14)NobleHelium Wrote: Everyone in that list looks eligible except maybe THH.

Great stuff, thanks Noble.

To Azza and Jowy - apology for being dismissive off the cuff. Actually I'm grain-fed on games you two have been involved in. Which made me presume you must have been in more than just a handful. "If you're'all still interested I'd be honoured". smile

Authorised by the Australian Government, Canberra. Jowy is not allowed Ballistaphants and Azza may not 'Play with Praets'. All rights reserved.

Purely on number of games played, I wouldn't be green. I've finished 2 PBEM and 2 Pitboss, and am currently playing in 2 more of each. However, my record is terrible. I'm not very good at Civ4, I just enjoy playing MP.

I can guarantee I don't want to play as Rome again, randomly drawing them 2 games in a row and STILL barely getting to use my Praets means I probably shouldn't bother. lol

You know I had a dastardly though that we should have a Civ settled on top of a mountain or something - a-la- that mod with the suicide samurais and the panther. Some kind of 'Not allowed to war' civ who had -some- specific function. Maybe for another game huh.

How about we assign some arbiters and tell them later? Krill, Commodore and T-hawk perhaps?

*Edit:* Oh, and of course NobleHelium.

Arbiters for what?

Heheh, I got that edit in before you replied. Befooooore!

To say whether players in a noobs game, embody the spirit of noobishness. Despite how many games they may have played. Unless it's ten. Ten is too much games.