I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[no players] Warsighs of the Newb: An Experiment in Lurking.

(January 30th, 2014, 14:25)retep Wrote:
(January 30th, 2014, 13:24)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: When I have time to look through his thread, I'm going to be interested to see if taking five cities in our peace deal was the right call (we had originally rejected his offer of four cities but we insisted on the one that had been culture bombed earlier in the game). On its face, getting five fully intact cities with buildings and population is awesome, and spared our army. But I don't know how gassed he was and whether we would have been able to completely cripple him by pressing on. Probably it was best to just take the deal, ignoring the real reason we weren't eager to slog further; retep in the north.

Anyway, thanks again for the critique. thumbsup

Are you talking about suttree here? If you haven't make peace and retreat your knights the turn you did I would have razed your coastals cities (capital). I was hoping/praying that you would press on suttree lands or at least that suttree don't make peace with you I only need it one more turn banghead

Yes, this was about suttree. We were pretty steamed that he razed all of those cities. smile

We had a pretty good idea that you'd come for us if we didn't park our stacks up there. That helped to cool our bloodlust. It galled me to no end not to have a means of putting you to the phract. nod

Speaking of...William...buddy....you should have gifted us a lot of galleons smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(January 30th, 2014, 16:30)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Speaking of...William...buddy....you should have gifted us a lot of galleons smile

I did consider it, actually. It wouldn't be any mystery to Retep where they came from though and he might have interpreted it as an act of war and gone into spite mode to give Bandit the win (or so was my thinking). Also I liked guarding the east coast with just ancient junk and nothing personal (I don't know you at all) but I remembered the Athlete and Slaze fiasco. rolf

(January 30th, 2014, 21:04)WilliamLP Wrote:
(January 30th, 2014, 16:30)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Speaking of...William...buddy....you should have gifted us a lot of galleons smile

I did consider it, actually. It wouldn't be any mystery to Retep where they came from though and he might have interpreted it as an act of war and gone into spite mode to give Bandit the win (or so was my thinking). Also I liked guarding the east coast with just ancient junk and nothing personal (I don't know you at all) but I remembered the Athlete and Slaze fiasco. rolf

lol You know it's funny you should mention that.... Oxy may be amused to read toward the end of my thread about my speculations regarding his dread stack of knights that marched through my territory. Basically, I wondered if he intended to gift them to me. If he had I thought about turning them right around because at that point the power disparity would have been too absurd to resist. twirl

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I was smile

I may have considered it just to end the game for me and gifting you my army would be the least game destabilizing way to get out.

All of these possibilities would have been more fun than the 150 turns of hand-wringing and sitting we all did instead. But, as much as I harped on game integrity and playing the best you can for your civ here and in other threads recently, I'm glad we weren't gifted and tempted. Evil

There wouldn't have been too much temptation, I'm almost certain I'd have done the deed. Oxy had whipped so hard already and pop was so low other than the capital that he'd have been eliminated quickly. But it would have been a lot of fun for sure.

That said, you did the sporting thing by not bringing all that to pass.