Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Unpronounceable Unicode Symbol: True Grit

So much good land! I like the scouting plans too. As for city2, wet corn has me shifting thinking the bare plains hill would be better. The capital just isn't that good, and will need those cows until the end of time. Also, the bare hill gives an extra 3 forests and a river grass to that city. The 1st ring FP will provide some growth until you get the corn in borders. (A Med/Poly religion would solve that problem right quick!)

As for analyzing demos, you actually need the civstats report too. It'll be easy at first, but soon you need to know when score changes happen. Next turn (based on all those coastal starts) you might see some fishing tech come in.

Dude, what happened to your icon? I miss happy Brennus!

Yeah, seeing the full BFC of second city has me thinking that religion ahead of Pottery is the way to go. I want fast borders expand at that place so I can work as much FP as possible off that corn! This weekend I plan to carry my existing sim forward a bunch of turns and see what we can do settling in the various spots - bare ph is definitely better longterm, but snowballs, man, snowballs! If I can get significantly better results from the fph in the short term, it may be worth the weaker city site overall.

And yeah, I've been watching CivStats, but there hasn't been anything to report apart from Azza's delayed settle back at the start of the game.
Playing: PB11
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

The proof is in the sim, I'm just looking at a crappy capital as soon as the trees are gone. Since city2 will has a FP tile in 1st ring anyway, you'll only gain 3h by including the cow. Meanwhile the capital will gives up food AND hammers.

But yeah, sim it out. Gut feeling, regardless which hill you settle you'll want to farm the nearest floodplain immediately.

How many civs started with mysticism?

Happy Brennus got endered.

Only two, both Mysticism/Wheel civs, so I'm guessing (hoping!) that they'll have to spend a ton of turns getting Agriculture/Mining/BW/AH/(Fishing? Hunting?) before they can reasonably gogo gadget religious techs. That said, one of them (Byzantium) is DeGaulle, and thus has a strong reason to want Stonehenge. It really depends on whether their plan is "found one of the first two religions, then shrine it with our eventual GPr" or "skip religion for worker techs/economy, bulb ourselves one with our eventual GPr."

And yes, FP farm seems the correct play in city #2. I've come around to your intuition regarding bare plains hill site once I realized that it has the ivory first-ring, and therefore can work 4/0/1 and 1/3/3 along with a 2/2/1 capital at size 2, which seems incredibly strong! That ivory commerce will speed us along the religion race, and 8 net fhpt at size 2 will be very nice!

You know, when I saw the icon, my initial thought was "...is that a Dragon Army insignia?" But then I went "Nah, that can't be, the orange is right but Dragon Army's flash is grey-orange-grey." Care to explain yourself, nerd? lol
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

(May 18th, 2013, 00:03)Ceiliazul Wrote: Happy Brennus got endered.
Sounds painful.
[Image: Brennba.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(May 18th, 2013, 00:15)Commodore Wrote:
(May 18th, 2013, 00:03)Ceiliazul Wrote: Happy Brennus got endered.

[Image: Brennba.jpg]

Come now, Brennus wouldn't be walking away from a clash with Ender Wiggin, even injured that severely. Leave enemies alive behind you? He knows better than that.

...what leader traits would Ender have? Charismatic/Creative? (Actually, the correct answer is "Ender gamed the system and is Pacal with a custom civ with Fast Workers and Terraces" neenerneener)

Speaking of traits, Commodore, I hope the eventual postgame thread contains an analysis of the players with their own traits, the way you did for your rivals in PB8 (lurkers who don't know what I'm talking about, have an example precis). Those were always incredibly entertaining to read!

Sisu, yes it is the dragon badge. Figured I'd claim it before the rush.

Civ3 Brennus had a good run, check the date:

(January 23rd, 2012, 16:33)Commodore Wrote: [Image: x_brennus_happy.jpg]
[SIZE="1"]*this is probably also what Ceil looks like in real life[/SIZE]
Ceiliazul (Cautious, Intelligent): Brennus (Chm/Spi) of Spain (Fishing/Mysticism)

Follow the quote source for more entertaining Commodorian traits analysis. bow (Though the game didn't last long enough to bear it out...)

I'll have to check it out after I finish catching up on Sullla's turn reports for the ISDG smile Also, our conversation stayed with me after I went to bed; I had a strange dream about how the new Ender's Game movie coming out would be set in the Star Trek universe. Carrie-Ann Moss was in it for some reason.

Anyway, it's the weekend, and I was amazed to discover that almost everyone had played while I slept! eek Well, I can't be the one to hold up turns, so let's see what we can see:

[Image: pb11-t6_01.jpg]

[Image: pb11-t6_02.jpg]

Nothing super exciting (though Rival Average Production dropped from 2 to 1, which I have no idea how to interpret). Someone has a capital with 8 water tiles, ouch. However! I was looking through the screenshots folder and noticed in my screenshots of the north that it appears we've found the coast! It's peeking out 9 of the western grass cows and 66 of the bananas. The Merovech Patrol should get there in a few turns, assuming lack of bears.

Grabbed my father to go see Star Trek: Into Darkness in theaters, as we had the previous two Star Trek films. Verdict: heavy on spectacle and drama, low on making any sense. I also saw the trailer for Ender's Game, which I hadn't before. Shouting behind a spoiler tag:

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SPOIL THE FINAL TWIST IN THE GODDAMN TRAILER???

Anyway, a new turn rolled up while I was at the theaters! Let's see what's in store for Russia:

[Image: pb11-t7_01.jpg]

We found coast! (By the way, I moused over the northwest grassland cows and determined that the water bordering it is fresh, so that's a lake that doesn't connect to the sea). About damn time, too. I'm thinking the scout goes 98 for max vision? Let's see if we have seafood and defog the eastern grass cows region some more. A tile on the PH 66 of DZ With Curl could share corn, claim cows and bananas, and incubate a number of the capital's cottages. Potential National Epic site?

[Image: pb11-t7_02.jpg]

A GNP ticked up to 20, someone went to 6K power, and suttree gained six points. My guess is that he researched Hunting (to go with his Agriculture/Wheel start) and is now after Animal Husbandry, explaining the tick up in GNP as double prereq bonus (it could also be Hunting->Pottery, but that would be kind of dumb). Sounds like someone has deer at their start! Wish that were us... cry