I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Unpronounceable Unicode Symbol: True Grit

Sisu, couldn't open your sim. Says you're running an old version of Civ.

Oh, and I need to give credit to Krill, whose PB5 micro spreadsheet was the model for the layout of my own.
Playing: PB11
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

(May 10th, 2013, 13:35)Ceiliazul Wrote: Sisu, couldn't open your sim. Check for updates on civ.

...weird.

When I check for updates, it says "Version OK! There are no new updates available at this time."

About This Build says:
Civ Version: 319
Save Version: 302
Build Version: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
Build Date: Thu May 14 10:17:10 2009
Build: FINAL RELEASE
Mod Name: None

Any of the other lurkers experiencing trouble opening the save?
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

Microed out the BW first wrr - wkr - wkr - settler idea Ceil proposed on a second sheet in the same google doc (here) and we end up with a capital a size smaller and fewer hammers into our second Settler, although with four fewer forests burned. Going to sim out Comm's proposal of Agriculture first.

Once again, can anyone else open my sandbox save, since Ceil is having trouble?

Weird, sandbox works fine for me.

Also, got a response from teleh. He picked ʥ because it looked cool.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

Thanks stick! Okay then, Ceil, I don't know what to tell you alright

Okay, simmed out Agriculture first, and it seems strictly inferior to both BW builds.

When the game goes live, I am going to investigate my southwest with my scout, update the sim, and sim out wines-first variations, but for now I think BW first worker-worker-worker (another Ceil suggestion - what would I do without this guy? biggrin) is my default plan. Working unimproved tiles is just so, so, so PB8 spoilers*.

*Person from whom I stole this joke: You know who you are.

(May 9th, 2013, 17:01)Sisu Wrote: Okay, on the theory that putting on my big boy underpants is a more productive use of time than whining about non-optimal snowballs,

Eh, these?
[Image: il_340x270.372784557_puwr.jpg]

I got the sim open, you're right your river drawing needs work. Did you find any benefits to settling on wine?

I'm saving my "settle on wine" analysis for after we get in game and I can move the scout to see more info about the lay of the land thataway. Yay for getting into the sim, though!

Also, I wish my butt looked that good.

In an email Ceil raised the possibility of SIP and tileswapping in the wines to get tech nicely synched up with worker turns. I have since spend a frustrated hour wrestling with the sim - I'm certainly getting tech faster, but I'm not sure when/how to grow to s3 in such a way that I can make it work out strictly better than the "tile-naive" bw-first worker-first start (that is, accomplishing everything that first sim does plus some more).

I am going to adjourn to watch Doctor Who and then tackle this problem again.