Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Unpronounceable Unicode Symbol: True Grit

Yeah, it's possible horses/copper will show up and ruin our neat sandbox, but we can only make decisions with the info we have. That said, the grass 3 of the cows seems kind of suspiciously empty.

Righto, then, I'm going to log in and do what I need to do before ending turn. Couple of questions:

1) Scout move 11 or 23? Thinking 23, want to circle relatively tightly to find a safe 2nd city location
2) I hear a lot of people bandy around +6 food as some magical surplus. Why is that?
3) What are general rules regarding slavery-revolt timing for us non-Spirituals?
Playing: PB11
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

Settling revealed:

[Image: pb11-t0_002.jpg]

Naming theme is going to be Unicode symbols, generated randomly except for our capital, which is taking its name from the symbol teleh chose for our team name.
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

It's lunchtime and I'm bored, so here's some CivStats analysis:

All ten teams have logged in at least once.
Six teams, including us, have settled t0 and ended turn.
One team, Azza, has ended turn without settling.
Three teams - xenu, Kurumi, and WilliamLP - have not ended turn, so I'm guessing they're doing some simming/soliciting feedback from teammates before deciding whether to SIP or move. Interesting fact: all the players without a teammate/dedlurker (retep, Azza, suttree, Oxy) have ended turn (Molach doesn't have a teammate, but Ichabod has posted a bunch in his thread and nowhere else, so I'm acting on the assumption that he's a dedlurker. Agg Rome having a serious partner does not thrill me). Time will tell if those people are softer opponents than the rest.

Also, my sandbox and my actual login agree on maintenance, so it looks like the map size is right. Going to do some land tile analysis at EoT when I grab demos.

Apparently I bollocksed up dropbox. Should be working now - can lurkers let me know if they can see my pictures/download my sandbox?

(May 14th, 2013, 08:41)Sisu Wrote: 1) Scout move 11 or 23? Thinking 23, want to circle relatively tightly to find a safe 2nd city location
2) I hear a lot of people bandy around +6 food as some magical surplus. Why is that?
3) What are general rules regarding slavery-revolt timing for us non-Spirituals?

1) I like 11. It's a hill with no trees nearby, so will reveal much of the SW before you turn East. It will take the scout a long time to get around the forested North side to see it later.

2) Cuz Sulla says it. :-) More food is better, there's nothing special about +6 exactly.

3) As close to a 'one-right-answer' as you'll ever see: while moving your first (or 2nd) settler. Exception for low food starts where you aren't whipping anyway... then wait and combine the revolt with Org.Religion or Hed Rule.

I did not see pics this morn, now I see them... What kind of capital name is that??

Thanks Ceil! Yeah, I was thinking that with our low-food capital, I'd probably want to delay the Slavery revolution, unless our second city turns out to be super duper food rich or something.

EDIT:
(May 14th, 2013, 08:55)Sisu Wrote: Naming theme is going to be Unicode symbols, generated randomly except for our capital, which is taking its name from the symbol teleh chose for our team name.

biggrin

Well, 'DZ flash bang' is still better than 'Little Ponyville', I guess. neenerneener

...you need glasses, friend. DZ With Curl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Uni...Extensions Near the bottom. "DZ digraph with curl" wouldn't fit, sadly.

Well, the three teams who haven't ended turn yet have logged in and out. One even founded but hasn't finished yet (either they forgot or they're trying to decide on t0 production/research?). All of them have posted in their spoiler threads, so I guess they're facing hard decisions (that you, beloved lurkers, know more about than I).

I'm guessing that having a teammate makes people less prone to snap decisions; they need the feedback loop. What do you think, Ceil?