Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Unpronounceable Unicode Symbol: True Grit

Team BXB settled and ended turn! Very exciting; we might see the turn roll before I wake up.

Seems like Commodore gave us pretty simple decisions all around; that or us newbies are more disposed to SIP. Hmm.
Playing: PB11
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

I think you simmed your start more last weekend than most teams, they're just trying in vain to catch up. In vein? In vane? One of those.

You were right the first time.

While that makes sense, I was mostly just asking your opinion as an ironic counterpoint to my assertion that people on teams need to constantly solicit feedback from their teammates :P
(March 3rd, 2012, 21:07)antisocialmunky Wrote: Civilization Economics: You have 1 Cow. You build some pastures around it to feed your people. The population grows uncontrollably. You enslave everybody and work half of them to death.

[Image: pb11-t1_02.jpg]

Barb animals haven't spawned yet, so we don't need to be religious about not ending turn on flatland. Next move 33 to see if we can get around the hills, and juke up to end turn 3 on the fph otherwise?

I also screenshotted demos and land area, going to pull together that analysis in another post.

That's good land, man. 33 is good and then likely further south still. Your borders will pop soon and the tile S of wine will reveal everything down to the lattitude of that bare pl-hill.

Any 2nd city along that fertile river will allow you to delay wheel and pop bud/hindu in the 2nd city asap.

It would be a good idea to use flying camera to fix the map size and the distance to the poles. Have you ever done that?

The maintenance costs in my sandbox and actual game agreed off the bat, so I figured that the dimensions of the maps were identical (40 x 64). Is that in error?

It's a good sign that the map size wasn't altered, but not proof. with proof of the dimensions you can see how much water there is, where your opponents likely are, and how much land is 'yours'.

So how would 10 players fit on a 64x40 map? 2 egg-crate rows of 5? If so, you can expect an opponent capital ~11 tiles north of you... which means 'your' land ends 6ish tiles north of the cap. That's really tight!

This is horizontal world-wrap, right?

Ah, I see. Can you explain this flying camera trick, or link to it? I seem to vaguely recall it from a nospaceseven thread, but I don't remember how it's done.

Turn rolled!

I found something about the flying camera trick, but I'm not sure how to interpret the data I got:
Pointing my scout due east, the world definitely wraps in that direction, and the largest number I can get with a goto is 51.
Pointing my scout due west, again the largest number I get is 51.
Going north, the largest number I can get is 39.
Going south, the largest number I can get is 21.

Am I doing it right?

[Image: pb11-t2_01.jpg]

Ooh, river elephants is a 1/3/3 tile for us, basically a ghm with upside. Next turn 69? I really want to find out if the fph between the wines and the elephants has any food it can work to grow onto those lovely floodplains and river grass.

Hrm, I wonder what's so interesting in Kuro's thread. There have been a lot of global lurker posts there in the last day or so. Are they trying something audacious for the early game? Are they running a contest? Did they come out as being secretly Sullla and Speaker?

...with such thoughts I occupy the time waiting for people to move their scout and end turn.