Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]The Tyrant realizes that once the world burns it gets really boring....

No worries. IW, chop out the jungle with a swarm of workers, farm up all the river grass tiles, grow the cities tall, then cottage everything. If the tiles are green we can put them to good use. But yeah, hopefully we find some lower hanging fruit that we can settle sooner that we can get to be more productive sooner. We may have to explore west of the capital sooner rather than later. But we're OK, it's only T5 smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

[Image: T6%20scout%20move.JPG]

SE/SW next.

Quick turnaround, so another scout pic:

[Image: T7%20scout%20move.JPG]

SW/?? next. Probably SW/SE. Also, the first tech of the game has been researched. Either of Hunting/Fishing, but I'm not checking the numbers each turn so couldn't tell you. And, ticking away the turns on our worker. What's a good name for a worker? How about Brick, since he does a lot of work with our game/planning. neenerneener

How early do barb animals begin spawning? SW is good, SW/SE looks like a hill and is good as long as we don't get eaten by anything. No way to tell what's on the other side though, plus since all the tiles down there look like they'll take 2 movement points to move onto, we may as well go SW/SE and hope there's nothing there. Unless we don't plan on scouting that way.

We may consider beginning to circle back to the west soon if the land doesn't open back up to the east as we explore the next few tiles, TBD. But carry on for now...SW/SE. Just no barbs smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(May 18th, 2013, 19:50)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: How early do barb animals begin spawning? SW is good, SW/SE looks like a hill and is good as long as we don't get eaten by anything. No way to tell what's on the other side though, plus since all the tiles down there look like they'll take 2 movement points to move onto, we may as well go SW/SE and hope there's nothing there. Unless we don't plan on scouting that way.

We may consider beginning to circle back to the west soon if the land doesn't open back up to the east as we explore the next few tiles, TBD. But carry on for now...SW/SE. Just no barbs smile

Still alive.

[Image: T8%20scout%20move.JPG]

I went for maximum tile reveal on the scout movement. After the first move, I could see that there was an open tile 1S of the current position through tile bleed. Next turn S/SE most likely.

I approve of all that grassland along the river valley. thumbsup I disapprove of all the worker turns it is going to take to clear it out. thumbsdown If there is any kind of decent food distribution along the western bank of that river this could become our economic heartland one day. Unless it's close to someone else and they settle it first want to DIE!!!

More score changes, so people are finishing up their first techs. One turn to Hunting, seven turns until we need it. I'd swap techs just because except it's a prerequisite. So sad.

Retep is apparently who started with a higher food surplus than we did, he is the first to get a city growth. Everyone who is +6 is just an ancient era tech. Maybe someone else was running a higher food stat than us, I don't know because I haven't seen F9 every turn. neenerneener Someone else could have grown by now but is going worker first, can't say now. Doesn't matter. I'm just typing this in because I haven't added anything useful to the thread today. I still haven't added anything useful. nod

Oh, on naming the worker...we'll think of something. I'll background that process and come back to it later.

[Image: T9%20scout%20move.JPG]

Scout vs. lion. Hopefully we get a good roll. And, red borders to the south.

(May 19th, 2013, 07:23)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: And, red borders to the south.

hammerhammer

I'll draft the war plans

That would be Sisu, IND/FIN Russia. As long as we cripple him before he gets to cossacks we'll be fine, right? Maybe he'll (carelessly) build some wonders for us and we can help ourselves. How's that for baseless speculation?

I logged in and put signs all over the place, then forgot to take a picture. But I did count the tiles between our capital city squares. 14 tiles, that's it. Most of the river valley is closer to his capital than to ours. I think given how close he is we need to have our scout explore locally rather than going too far afield for now. It's either that or build more warriors and we're on a tight schedule as it is. That's assuming the scout survives the lion attack and that the lion attacks. What are the odds of that?

from CIV4HandicapInfo.xml Wrote:<iAnimalAttackProb>90</iAnimalAttackProb>
<iFreeWinsVsBarbs>0</iFreeWinsVsBarbs>

Monarch difficulty, no free wins. Roll the dice!!!