Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]The Tyrant realizes that once the world burns it gets really boring....

T10 - We survived the lion attack.

I moved S to make contact and then NE to land on a jungled hill tile. I think we can heal there for two turns and then keep exploring. I thought it safer than staying on flat ground after making contact. Sisu can see our unit since it's on a hill, but we're facing in a direction opposite of where we came from so maybe he won't figure out that we moved S/NE and are therefore from the north.

My fog gazing remarks from earlier are visible, along with my first official map complaint and a recommendation for resolving the problem. wink

Demographics:

[Image: T10-F9.JPG]

Retep (Peter?) is still the only player to grow his capital. For what it's worth Sisu's capital is #3 on the top 5, ours is 5th.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I just looked at the demographics, how does Retep have 10 food incoming already? He grew first so hasn't built a worker. We ARE ten turns in and he could have built a workboat if he had a PH start + 1 other hammer in the starting BFC, which is entirely possible. He is England so he has Fishing to begin with, enabling a fast workboat. And obviously he'd have to be coastal with seafood, and the seafood would have to be in a tile adjacent to his capital for him to have been able to net it this turn (if two tiles away he would have exhausted his movement points arriving onto the seafood tile and would have to net it next turn).

My guess is that it is fish for 5/0/2, he settled on a plains hill for 2/2/1, and has some other unimproved tile 3/1/x in his BFC. Deer seems like the best guess for the third tile and that he'll go Hunting next so he can camp it.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

[Image: T12%20scout%20move.JPG]

SW/SE next, unless you want to finish healing.

Finish healing, it's only two turns. If we get attacked by an animal now we're going to lose our scout.

I hope the tile SW/SW is not forested. I'd like visibility of the city tile. And I guess we've decided to keep heading east? With a neighbor this close I'm going to feel a lot better when our warrior finishes.

(May 20th, 2013, 14:47)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I hope the tile SW/SW is not forested. I'd like visibility of the city tile. And I guess we've decided to keep heading east? With a neighbor this close I'm going to feel a lot better when our warrior finishes.

His scout turned around and went back into his borders, not headed our way just yet. I'll heal next turn. It will be good to keep a unit on picket duty between our civs.

His scout? I didn't see his scout or know it was there. MOAR PHOTOS.

Yeah, we should definitely have a sentry net in place as soon as we can to keep an eye on our land. And the land that Sisu doesn't yet know is our land.

His scout is currently 2W of bananas, and is named after Merovich. Mero's Welcome Brigade or something like that. Now, armed with this new knowledge of our enemy, revise our micro plan accordingly. smile

I wouldn't want my level of effort to so obviously trump yours and cause embarassment. I mean, the long time your putting in reviewing the game each turn is obvious-- your last turn was like four minutes long!

neenerneener

In other news...apparently no one else has grown yet, though more techs have fallen. :zzzzzzzzz:

T13 - Scout healed in place, he will be ready to move next turn. I checked F4 to see if Sisu has met anyone else, he has not. EPs are allocated at 12/12 against each other. OK it's possible he's met someone else but very unlikely -- he would have had to swap EP allocation onto only us on the turn we met him and his scout is at home, not out exploring (unless he built a second scout? He could have with Hunting start but that would be a bad opening) so someone else would have also had to find his territory to make contact with him by now.

Sisu hasn't researched a tech yet, so he must have swapped, same for Azza and Kuro. Since it looks like all three are going worker first maybe it's a case of the worker not being finished yet, so delaying tech completion. Or maybe we're not the only team to change course in the early game?

[Image: T13-F9.JPG]

Retep (Pedro) is still the only player to grow to size 2, so he's still the rival best in crop yield. He's down to 8 from 10 though, not sure what turn that happened so it's hard to guess what he's doing. I haven't looked at land area since we started the game, but our 16 tiles in the capital's BFC is right on the average. Someone got a full 21 tile inland BFC, someone else got jobbed and only has 13 tiles for what could be a better moai-super city than a capital.

The MFG goods rival best could be (but not necessarily is) whoever is worst in crop yield -- someone is pulling in 2 food per turn, so just the city center. Options are a non-PH start and they're working a 0/3/x tile along with the city tile to arrive at 4 hammers per turn, or a PH start and a plains forest or some special tile to get x/2/x. Maybe this is an EXP team looking to activate the free hammer on a worker build.

I guess none of this matters to us right now, but with me not having anything else to do for this turn and not having PB8 available to play right now, why not.

By the way...we're five turns from completing the warrior. If someone nearby went warrior first and managed to beeline us, we'll be dead by then.

[Image: T13-Map.JPG]

Then again, what can you do, go warrior first and fall behind the growth curve? If we die, we die. (Wait, what's that I hear? Oh, we had a plan that would have let us grow and have a warrior already? I see. So if we die it's my fault? OK, that's fair criticism!) smoke