Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]The Tyrant realizes that once the world burns it gets really boring....

(May 9th, 2013, 09:27)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: By anything, do you mean that we'll have our food resources replaced with peaks tiles, or that anything outside of the starting BFC could change. "Fog gazing is of the devil", etc?
Yes. Anything
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(May 9th, 2013, 09:32)Commodore Wrote:
(May 9th, 2013, 09:27)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: By anything, do you mean that we'll have our food resources replaced with peaks tiles, or that anything outside of the starting BFC could change. "Fog gazing is of the devil", etc?
Yes. Anything

Thanks. Well, this should be helpful then. lol

Xenu, Brick, sandbox stab #1.

Sorry, not a big Marley fan. I prefer my original suggestion of using causes for plane crashes, since that's what our empire will be. A series of failures. Here's a list I put together:

Capital
Pilot Error

The Rest
Maintenance Error
Mechanical Failure
Midair Collision
Decompression
Terrorism
Engine Failure
Icing
Shot Down
Rudder Failure
Explosion
Fire
Thrust Reversal
Pilot Malice
Electrical Failure
Design Error
Bird Strike
Fuel Exhaustion
Ground Collision (I prefer "Bad Taxi")
Hijacking
Instrument Failure
Runway Overrun
Sabotage
Unknown Cause
Volcano
Weather

Etc... Some of these would have to be changed to fit the 14 character limit, but I like the theme. It is a metaphor for our failure in qualifying for this game.

Also, not the best version of this song, but apropos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEu1lznr3Y

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(May 9th, 2013, 10:02)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Sorry, not a big Marley fan. I prefer my original suggestion of using causes for plane crashes, since that's what our empire will be. A series of failures. Here's a list I put together:

Capital
Pilot Error

The Rest
Maintenance Error
Mechanical Failure
Midair Collision
Decompression
Terrorism
Engine Failure
Icing
Shot Down
Rudder Failure
Explosion
Fire
Thrust Reversal
Pilot Malice
Electrical Failure
Design Error
Bird Strike
Fuel Exhaustion
Ground Collision (I prefer "Bad Taxi")
Hijacking
Instrument Failure
Runway Overrun
Sabotage
Unknown Cause
Volcano
Weather

Etc... Some of these would have to be changed to fit the 14 character limit, but I like the theme. It is a metaphor for our failure in qualifying for this game.

Also, not the best version of this song, but apropos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEu1lznr3Y

Too dark for me. Brick, do you have an idea? Or, we can just leave the Byzantine names. That's better than plane crash causes. Seriously, Xenu, I want you to talk to a shrink.

It isn't that I like watching planes crash, I'm not a psychopath. But I do like this TV show because of the puzzle solving aspect of discovering the root cause:

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/site/s...series=802

If you like solving puzzles in an engineering (usually) kind of way, it's a good show. Also, it can make you very nervous during takeoffs and landings when you fly in the future. eek

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Also, I thought up that naming scheme for a future game when I was on the flight back from Hawaii last week. So NYAAAAAAA.

Some general options for Henge. More details can be filled in as needed. Sandbox here.

hunting first:

T12 worker - Henge
T20 - AH
T31 - Henge, worker, improved deer/cow/some roads. Size 4. Mining, 13t to BW.

---

fishing/hunting
T12 worker/WB
T13 hunting (soonest needed, worker on deer ready to go)
T17 - camp done. worker nothing to do, roads.
T39 - henge

--
#2 fishing/hunting
T5 - warrior/borders pop. work deer. begin worker.
T7 - fishing complete, begin hunting. swap to WB. worker 10/60
T11 - grow to 2, work both GFH.
T15 - WB, clam hooked. 1 decay in worker build next turn.
T39 - Henge, Cap size 5 (grow to 6 EoT), WB, worker, cow/deer, 2 roads. Mining, 7t to BW.

Henge EoT 39 (120/120) - growth to 5 EoT (16/16f), fishing, hunting, mining, BW finished, AH due in 5. 1 worker, 1 warrior. 2 WB/Clams, deer camped, 1 chop, 1 road. Best option presented here.

[Image: PB11%20sandbox%20T39%20henge.JPG]

Double post just for the hell of it. Looking at post counts, if I'm on another team and I see De Gaulle has this many posts already, and a map, and know that we're the only IND/mysticism combo, I'm thinking "They're hashing out a plan to get Henge. I am going to look somewhere else now". So, I think we don't gimp ourselves to win Henge and should instead go for a balanced approach that gets the wonder finished but also sets us up for rapid expansion after. Something like the last plan.

You are missing the most dangerous airplane hazard: runway incursion. Most likely way you can die on a plane!

(May 9th, 2013, 22:38)fluffyflyingpig Wrote: You are missing the most dangerous airplane hazard: runway incursion. Most likely way you can die on a plane!

nono

No encouraging this theme. Too dark for me. How about some helpful suggestions from our lurker scum? That never goes badly. Anyway, I'm out of town over the weekend, so I can't provide adult supervision for Xenu and Brick. If the game gets going, someone prevent them from losing the game on T1 (that being the earliest possible time it appears that Brick could move the settler to the deer for our capital).

Suggested first turn, move the scout to the hill in the east to see if we can grab more goodies with the cap. If so, consider well. If not, SIP and get started fishing. Good luck! And remember, I'll be watching... popcorn